PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a total

Slugger
12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
There must be an easy way to pull out of the database how many CDs I have - surely!

D@vid
12-28-2006, 05:31 PM
If you select the "Entire collection" folder at the top of the folders pane, the total count will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the program window.

andrei_c
12-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Here's another tip. Right-click topmost item in tree view (it's bold and labeled Entire Collection) and select Properties. Switch to Statistics tab.

There will be some useful stats about your collection: totals for albums, discs, songs, playtime, some averages, etc.

Andrei

irene
02-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I checked this statistics tab, new for me. I saw that my Classical category has about half (100) discs that are "not clasical". I guess that those are the disks that had details missing or in the wrong place, which I fixed. And I guess that those are the ones that in the details page show "Genre" something else (for instance Symphony), or nothing. I don't need to fix anything, and don't know how. But if Mozart is classic, who is?

andrei_c
02-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Irene,

If I understand correctly, the chart that you're looking at displays that half of albums of your entire database is in classical category.

Andrei

irene
02-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Statistics by category - classical 104 discs 42.6%
Statistics by genre classical 71 discs 29.1%

Which shows that 33 discs have different genre listings, but it doesn't matter, as my purpose for using the OCD is to organize my disks and remember and know what I have, and I do the corrections manually.