PDA

View Full Version : Cover not found

irene
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
If this cover can't be found, there must be some OCD problem. Elvis Presley 50 worldwide Gold Hits FreeDB ID
520E641A. I see the exact cover in Amazon.com. The OCD shows nothing, even not a wrong cover. I think that when I scanned another Elvis CD in the earlier version I did get a cover, a wrong one which I deleted. Now I don't find those wrong covers any more. 490EDA19.
These are two disks of a set, which I didn't scan at the same time.

andrei_c
03-04-2007, 01:35 AM
If this cover can't be found, there must be some OCD problem. Elvis Presley 50 worldwide Gold Hits FreeDB ID
Do you see cover for Volume 1 or Volume 2? I can only find Volume 2.

Here's how to work around this problem:

- Right-click this album and Download CD Covers.
- Click Custom Query button (it is an icon that looks like a page)
- Delete words "Volume 1 part 1" from the end of query string. Only "Elvis Presley 50 worldwide Gold Hits" should be left.
- Press OK, then press Search

I fixed the problem so it will find the correct cover in OrangeCD 6.1.1.

Andrei

irene
03-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks, I've found several covers this way.

irene
03-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Another double album - Peggy Lee the gold collection 40 etc. FreeDB ID 210B7D14, I found only wrong covers also with the custom Query. Maybe it's the same problem.

Ron_Thorne
03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
I've experienced a problem similar to that described by irene. No cover is downloaded with the other album info, yet when I do a search, I find album covers immediately on Amazon.com and elsewhere.

I purchased OrangeCD 6.0.9 Build 11003 recently. Should I upgrade to ver. 6.1.1 since you've indicated a fix for a related problem, Andrei? If so, do I approach it as a normal download or is there a specific place/manner to get an update?

Thanks.

andrei_c
03-16-2007, 03:20 AM
I've experienced a problem similar to that described by irene. No cover is downloaded with the other album info, yet when I do a search, I find album covers immediately on Amazon.com and elsewhere.

I purchased OrangeCD 6.0.9 Build 11003 recently. Should I upgrade to ver. 6.1.1 since you've indicated a fix for a related problem, Andrei? If so, do I approach it as a normal download or is there a specific place/manner to get an update?
Can you tell me what was the album that cause this error? I am collecting error cases so I could improve program accuracy.

Upgrading to 6.1.1 will not probably help with this specific issue, but I'd recommend upgrading anyway.

And, use the approach I recommended in second post above to correct missing cover.

Andrei

Ron_Thorne
03-16-2007, 04:05 AM
Thanks, Andrei.

I've already tried the method you outlined in the 2nd post on this thread and it didn't yield positive results.

I can't remember the last instance in which I didn't receive an album cover with the rest of the download, but suffice it to say that I've experienced many, perhaps as many as 20%, thus far. I'll either report the next ones here or send you an e-mail.