PDA

View Full Version : Boxed Set Covers

rantam
01-31-2007, 12:16 AM
I have several 4-CD boxed sets that have artwork for the box or sleeve, and different artwork for each CD in the set. For example: "The Beatles - The Capitol Albums Vol.1" which contains the CD's "Meet the Beatles", "The Beatles Second Album", "Something New" and "Beatles '65", all of which have covers with their original album artwork.

I have loaded the individual album covers for each CD, but it always defaults back to the BOX cover for each one. I would prefer to have the box set art shown for the entire set, but show the individual CD cover in the properties of each CD. Is this possible?

I am using version 6.0.8 build 10916.

Thanks for any advice.

Joebugs
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
[quote=rantam]I have several 4-CD boxed sets that have artwork for the box or sleeve, and different artwork for each CD in the set.

VendenBos
02-01-2007, 12:05 AM
I would like this feature too.

andrei_c
02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
This is currently unsupported.

This feature can only be added when we allow attaching multiple pictures to the same album - and that one isn't planned any time soon :(

Andrei

zombie0
02-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Cast my vote also for adding this feature.
I've been asking for it since build 5.0.4, which I believe you replied saying it would be added for version 6, Andrei.

Quidsane
02-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Count me in as well! This would be great. 8)

davidagbr
02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Andrei,

I'm going to put my hand up to request this feature as well. I would love to be able to add multiple images to my album pages.

So... what are the chances of this getting done?

Cheers,

David

davidagbr
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Andrei,

I've just noticed that you've not responded at all to this request. While I appreciate that you are busy and this isn't necessarily a "high priority". However, you have been asked, and it would be nice to know that you are listening to your users requests.

Many thanks

David

davidagbr
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
oops sorry.. don't know how I managed to miss your earlier answer!! hehe!!!

Any chance that this request is ever likely to be actioned?

Thanks

David

frederf
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Yea.. this is somthing I would like as well..., but mostly for adding the back cover as well as the front. Individual Box set cd covers would be nice as well.

Patiently waiting. ;O)

Fred

Harlock
12-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Hello at all,
I join the request for this new feature.
It would be very very useful.
BR

Giuseppe

meley
12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Count me in for this feature also! Take care ...

davidagbr
12-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I agree totally with Fred that we should have the ability to have front AND back covers in the database, but I would really go one further... front AND back covers should be the MINIMUM!!! I would like to see the ability to store all the pages from a CD booklet in the database.

I've been using OrangeCD for five years now, back in 2002 I auditioned all the music databases that I could find, and concluded that OCD was the best (at least for my purposes). Five years on and I have recently been reassessing my music database needs. Having used OCD successfully for so long, I still prefer it to most of the competion. As I said, I'm a loyal user, I have no real desire to switch to another program. However, I think that the limitation of only being able to store one image for each album IS a limitation that if I were a new user (looking for my first music database), would tip the balance away from OCD and towards one of your competitors (and there are at least a couple that allow front and back cover scans).

while I fear that this request may be falling on deaf ears, I do hope that you can be persuade to work on this request Andrei so that OCD once again has the edge that it did when I chose the software.

Many thanks for your time,

David