PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Names

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
02-16-2004, 08:21 PM
*http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/Track%20Names.JPG

:) Click on that Picture and look at it once more Andrei.And let me try to explain.

I had never tryed the Extract Feature before tonight.You know when you go to the Tracks and click on more.

All you have to do is add one more Feature to it where People can Extract the Names along with the rest of it.

Right now when you Extract something it adds it right below.Extracting a name to be completely gone would be nice.

Like in that Picture.I want "Chris Rock - Born Suspect - ## -" gone.And just the name of the Songs.Nothing else.....no where.

I know it can be done.And should not be hard to add.Trying to get this out to you before another BETA comes out.I have Posted before about this.And remember you said to give ideas for BETAs. :)

Like I said.I am trying to explain this the best way I can.Hope to hear from you soon because this would save me weeks maybe even Months of Highlighting every thing I want gone and deleteing.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/TrackNames.jpg

Now check that Picture out.That is what I am talking about.You can see what was removed manually by me.But with an Extract feature(which is already there) would make it much easier on a Person.And save them lots of time.

FC 8)

andrei_c
02-17-2004, 05:00 AM
I think what you need is new "Delete All Artists" command in the sub-menu on the Tracks page. So getting rid of artists would be two step process: first, you separate artists from track names using "Extract Artists" command, then you delete them completely using "Delete All Artists" command.

I remember someone else on this forum asking for the same thing. I'll check what can be done.

Andrei

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
02-17-2004, 05:16 AM
:) Yeah.Something like "Extract everything but Title" or something.

The reason alot of my Albums are like that is because I use "get info from directory and files name" when scanning.I do not get info from the Tags alot.

I know I know.I should work on Tagging more.But it is a little late for alot of Albums a Person already scanned and put in their Database.

Thanks for listening Andrei.I am sure something can be done to save time.

FC 8)