PDA

View Full Version : Sharing album covers

Beeph
02-18-2004, 02:08 AM
It occurred to me that a lot of the posts on these forums are from people saying "where can I download the covers from?".

It also occurred to me that many people who use Orange must also have large CD and record collections for which they must have somehow obtained a cover, whether it be by finding one on the 'net or by actually scanning it themselves (a tedious job...).

It also follows that people's record and CD collections must overlap somewhat and that this would be an ideal place to ask (for example) "Has anyone got the cover for Ronnie Wood's solo album Slide on This (the digipak version)"

Chances are, someone who uses Orange has the album and could make contact by e-mail to send the copy of the cover that they had already downloaded or scanned.

Obviously this particular discussion forum is not suitable, but could a new forum be set up specifically for such requests? Would anyone else find it useful?

What do people think? I guess it depends on Andrei as well...

Beeph

Beeph
02-18-2004, 06:43 PM
I have just reread my first post and I think I should clarify the above message a bit:

The proposed request board would assume that the requester has already checked at least the two obvious sources - Amazon.com and AllMusic.com before making the request.

Quite often albums get reissued (particularly Greatest Hits etc) and sometimes the original cover is difficult to find. And not everyone has access to a scanner.

Anyone else interested?

Beeph