PDA

View Full Version : CD copying and burning

logandre
04-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Why not add CD copying and CD buring features?
Many users, besides cataloging, need to digitize their collections and
later on copy them as a backup, as a present or whatever reason maybe.

As a whole I would split the product according to the audience:
home and advanced (or whatever the name may be) as they do it with other software.

At the data entry stage the CD copying functionality is obviously lacking.
At the presentation stage there should be such features as playlist compiling, playing via barcode, assembling a compilation and CD burning.

B.R.,
Andre ;)

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
I would say no.Not that maybe one day this would not be a good idea for some.But look around.Everything does this.WinAMP even Burns and Rips Music now.....WinAMP! :o

With NERO and Easy CD Creator out there as the 2 Main Programs for Burning (and have been for Years).Plus I do not know how many Programs for Ripping( ::)) I really do not see the Point.

You said "such features as playlist compiling"?You can do this with winamp.Just set Orange to the right settings and it Queues up the Songs.

I pushed for that Feature for almost a Year it seems like.Includeing the ability to Play a whole Album before Andrei added them to Orange.So good luck in pushing for Burning and Ripping when there is alot of work needed in other areas. :)

*And just want to add that me and others that use Orange are always looking at ways MP3 capabilities can work best with Orange.Just look at the Scanning features and what I mentioned above.*

FC

logandre
04-05-2004, 05:40 AM
It is not required from OrageCD to be on a par with the 2 copying and ripping stars. OrangeCd has its own niche.

Just simple features, without all that bla-bla about doing it this way and that way. And the future is bright.

B.R.,
logandre

andrei_c
04-05-2004, 01:28 PM
As of today, we have no plans to include CD ripping or recording features in the software.

Andrei