PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with my musicians credits???

07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi Andrei,

I just installed the latest pre-beta-version and like some of the new features a lot! Again, well done, Andrei!!! :)

Most of all the musicians credits feature, which is something I really missed from the start and that is why the notes field had to serve for my purposes. I added the musicians names at the top of it just to be able to filter albums with certain musicians participating.
Looks something like ...

"Lennon, John
McCartney, Paul
Harrison, George
Starr, Ringo

Martin, George
Clapton, Eric
Ono, Yoko ...

The so-called White Album ... bla bla (the actual notes following)"

Now, I did so for all of my so far added 1.000 albums ... you see my problem. Is there ANY way (some script or something) that these names could be transferred into the new proper musicians field ??? ???

And the new fields should also be included in the search options, I think!!

How can I change the default icon for albums?

Some great other suggestions kept coming up in the forum so I don't need to repeat them (like title search, icons for lyrics added etc.).

Anyway, thanks for the continued developments and support. Can't be appreciated enough! Thank you, Andrei!

07-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi, me again,

started working with the latest beta now. So some more thoughts ...

- multiple role/instruments should be possible in "Musicians" ... check boxes like in tracks would be great!

- Inclusion of "Year" in the artist/album-tree view is great. But no sorting options possible ??!!

- Can the new features (musicians, artist profile) be included in the theme already? Couldn't figure it out so far ...

... ok, that's it. Thanks again. ;D
Steffen.