PDA

View Full Version : Song search

04-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I would like a song search feature. You can search for songs using "Find text..." but the search result will be a list of albums. What I want is that the search result would be a list of songs/tracks with additional information such as artist, album, track time etc.

/Joakim ::)

pheisholt
04-10-2005, 03:21 PM
I agree. This is one of the features I was sure that Andrei would include in the upcoming 6.0 version. And I still hope he will.

However, so far there's no indication of that. The latest pre-beta build (5.9.9. build 8810) seems to have the same search function as the current version 5.2.0.7523.

08-04-2005, 02:43 PM
ya i too would like to see a song search !

pheisholt
08-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Andrei
I've played around with the pre-beta 9202, and I still miss a search option which will also returns tracks, and not just albums.

I realize that OCD is album-centric. But searching for a particular track title (or part of a title), and then getting a list of albums in return, is as far as I'm concerned not very user friendly. I expect to get a list of tracks that meet my search criteria.

For a minute there I thought maybe you had solved the problem, when I discovered that you've added a 'track view' in addition to the existing 'thumbnail view' and 'table view'. But alas.

Imagine searching for track titles that contain 'Corrine'. In 'table view' OCD will return a list of albums which include tracks with the specified search criteria. Now one would think that switching to 'track view' would display the tracks that meet the criteria, but instead you get a list of ALL tracks on all albums.

I really hope that you plan to do something about this before the final release of v.6.0.

At the moment the search function is, in my opinion, OCDs weakest feature.

By the way, wouldn't it be more correct to rename the 'table view', and call it 'ALBUM VIEW'? (As far as I can see both the 'table view' and the new 'track view' are TABLE views.)