PDA

View Full Version : Multiple artists per album/track

Uke
08-07-2006, 10:45 AM
For duets and other temporary constellations, for example "Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney" or "Britney Spears feat. Madonna", this will be saved as new artist entries with no connection to the individual artists. Maybe I'm pedantic but this bother me a little. I think it would be nice if you somehow could save it as two (or more) separate artist connected to the same track (or album). :-/

Wadson
08-08-2006, 02:30 AM
You're absolutely right, it would be great.
Also similar feature that I would love to see is link between main group/artist and his projects.
For example:
Ministry

davidagbr
10-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey Andre, any chance of something like this being added to the software? I have so many records that have for example Artist A featuring Artist B.

Something along the lines of the Discogs system would be excellent (ie: http://www.discogs.com/release/77283 and the guidelines here: http://help.discogs.com/wiki/SubmissionGuidelines).

It would be great to no longer have to create a new artist for each one off collaboration.

Thanks

David

andrei_c
10-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Something like this was planned for a long time, but only this fall there'll be a real chance for us to implement it. Check back a in a couple of months, it will probably be in new version (80% probability) :)

Andrei

The_Mole
10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Could this proposed mod also be used for tracks by:

"<artist> featuring <someone_else>"

this "feature" occurs often for CDs/tracks owned by my teenage daughters!

OK one could ask "why am I bothering to catalogue my daughters CDs"......

No, I don't know why either....just obsessive, I guess!

davidagbr
10-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for that Andrei, this programme just keeps getting better!!!

Keep up the good work,

David

Jazz_North
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I'd like to second this. Just be explicit. Clifford Brown and Max Roach made a number of albums together. Some were released as Clifford Brown and Max Roach, some as Max Roach and Clifford Brown. I would like to retain the artists as listed on the album, but have all the releases show up under both Clifford Brown and Max Roach. (And there are many others: Chet Baker and Gerry Mulligan / Gerry Mulligan and Paul Desmond / Art Famer and benny Golson).

davidagbr
02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi Andrei,

I was just wondering on the progress with this suggestion.

Many thanks,

David

Uke
07-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I would really like this suggestion to become reality.

andrei_c
07-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I am working on it. However, as it looks now, the feature will be pretty limiting: only 3 artists per album or track will be allowed.

Andrei

Uke
07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
That sounds very good. Three artists will cover most cases.
Thank you Andrei!

Wadson
07-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Really great, Andrei!
I'm almost ready to buy your program ;D
But please pay attention to my suggestion http://www.firetongue.com/boards/orangecd_suggest/1183026726.html

Joebugs
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Andrei,

Is it possible to extend up to four artists per album.

eg. I would like albums by Crosby, Stills, Nash &amp; Young to show separately under David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash and Neil Young respectively. I would have a problem with three artists per album.

Regards

Joe

boutlou
11-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Could it also be applied to composer under classical. Many classical albums will include two or more composers, e.g. Elgar &amp; Vaughn Williams. :)

irene
11-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Multiple composers - exactly what I'm looking for too.

irene
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
I tried a combination of the tips on this subject:
I have a disc with three composers. It's in the classic mode. I entered the composers' names in the Artist pane too, printed (not accidentally) a space after each name to get a separate artist - the names still show all three together, both in the composer and the artist column.

Version 6.18

davidagbr
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi Andrei,

As this is a feature that you have been promising for over a year now, I was just wondering if there's any chance of an update on what's happening with this one.

Many thanks

David

andrei_c
01-31-2009, 06:03 AM
Please read update on "Multiple artists" feature here:

http://www.firetongue.com/boards/orangecd_general/1221817704.html