PDA

View Full Version : Cyrillic Alpha showing...?

MRC
08-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Andrei;

I have run into a tiny problem... I have a CD that was purchased in Russia, and all the titles are in Russian... I don't know what they mean, or even speak Russian. I would like to have them listed in Orange with the titles showing in Russian...

I have not had any problems changing the language on single CD's before (http://corryzahn.com/pages/music/b/be0c630e.html), but now that I am trying to enter Russian, all I get is ?????'s is there some super secret thing that I am doing wrong? I am typing the names in MS Word Using the Cyrillic alphabet, but when I copy and paste, it all goes wrong!

Thanks!

~Michael

gofer
08-14-2003, 05:50 PM
try changing character set. it is on the last (?) tab in the record's properties.

works fine with polish characters.

...if this doesn't work - you are maybe using non-standard font in your system (without cyrillic characters).

andrei_c
08-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi MRC:

I think the problem here is that OrangeCD is not a Unicode application and your operating system lacking support for cyrillic character set. You may need to install Russian language support using Regional and Language Settings icon in Control Panel (on Win 2000/XP). If you are not on WinXP, then I guess you would need to have Russian enabled operating system.

Microsoft Word must be unicode, so it does not care about languages. Porting OrangeCD to unicode is quite costly. It is not planned for next couple of releases.

Regards
Andrei

MRC
08-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Thank you... I guess I'll just have to deal with it in the roman alpha until I can figure out russion support on my pc.