PDA

View Full Version : How to update online list???

08-30-2003, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Im constantly getting new albums and would like to know how I update my online music list.

Do I have to create a whole new archive and upload it again?
Is there a way to only update the new albums to my ftp web space?

Hope this makes sense

great proggy.

Vivitron_15
08-30-2003, 10:05 AM
just set your Ftp client to only upload the new stuff "ignore newer/same age files" or whatever it is called. this seems to stop covers being uled, but dunno about the html files. i guess not, cos if it did that, when the template changes, some of the html files would be in a different format to the new ones...maybe we could have an option for "only create html where the pages need updating"?

andrei_c
09-04-2003, 02:12 AM
I don't think we need another option for this. Right now, OrangeCD only updates those files that need updating. The files that did not change, no matter JPEG or HTML, keep their original modification date and time. Therefore, all you need is to set your FTP client to "synchronize mode" in which it only uploads new or updated files and skips old files.

Andrei

09-04-2003, 04:08 AM
;D
Thanks for your response, I will have a look at my ftp client.
Cheers

Vivitron_15
09-05-2003, 11:53 AM
I don't think we need another option for this. Right now, OrangeCD only updates those files that need updating. The files that did not change, no matter JPEG or HTML, keep their original modification date and time. Therefore, all you need is to set your FTP client to "synchronize mode" in which it only uploads new or updated files and skips old files.

Andrei

cool, i wasnt aware of this...usually just have ftp running in the background anyway :)