PDA

View Full Version : Content Sorting

Pappabear
09-11-2003, 02:16 AM
Why do artist/group names starting with "A" sort by the next word skipping the "A". Example:

Fleetwood Mac
A Flock of Seagulls
Thug Life
A Tribe Called Quest

Should be:
A Flock of Seagulls
A Tribe Called Quest
Fleetwood Mac
Thug Life

???

gofer
09-11-2003, 05:09 AM
good point. i want to know too ???

Pappabear
09-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Firetongue- Just quoting myself in case you've overlooked this question:

[quote=Pappabear]Why do artist/group names starting with "A" sort by the next word skipping the "A".

andrei_c
09-16-2003, 02:30 AM
1. Some genre's are not picked up when scanning mp3's into the program. Thrash Metal for one. With my tag editor program, I show this genre is listed on both the ID3v1 & 2. However when I import the mp3's, the genre comes up blank. ???

My bad. I posted once that this problem was fixed, but in fact it wasn't. Latest build still has this problem with "Heavy Metal" and some other genres. It will definitely be fixed in nearest update. I am sorry for confusion.

2. The column sorting ignores groups beginning with the letter "A". <see above &amp; my post under General Support>

Ignore-words will be customizable in next release.

Batman
10-21-2003, 10:53 PM
I have the lastest beta and I still don't get several of my genres when I scan the MP3 files. I even added the genres to the customizable list but that didn't make any difference. Has this yet to be fixed?

Batman

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
10-22-2003, 02:19 PM
When you put the Names in Genres make sure you click ok and then ok once again in Preferences just like when you do Categories.

I have around 45 Categories and I do not know how many Genres for 3900 Albums.....have not had a Problem with this yet.

And you know me.....I complain about everything that is wrong to make it better.

FC 8)

Pappabear
10-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Any luck with the sorting problem I mentioned above with the beta?

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
10-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Any luck with the sorting problem I mentioned above with the beta?

Go to Preferences.....Ignore Words.You can select what Words you want Ignored.

And like I have said before.....when you put the Names in Genres and Categories make sure you click ok and then ok once again in Preferences.

You want to be able to Queue up multiple songs and Create and save playlist?This can be done with WinAMP 3 but no other Version.....it can not be done with alot of other Players except WinAMP 3.

I have given Andrei the Code he needs to use but he has not goten back to me yet.This is something alot of us have been wanting Pappabear and needs more work. :-/

FC 8)

Batman
10-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Ok the genres are not working for me. I have customized my list in Orange and I can select for the list just fine. The problem arises when I scan a folder and add MP3 files. The Genre comes in blank unless it was one of the original genres listed.
Musicmatch, Winamp and my tag editors all show the correct genre which for example is "Christmas". Christmas is on the genre list in orange but all the christmas mp3 albums I scan come in with a blank genre. I can then change it of course but if I rescan then it goes blank again.

I'm getting flustrated,
Batman >:(

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
10-25-2003, 12:04 AM
[quote=Batman]Ok the genres are not working for me.