PDA

View Full Version : Best way to organize the CD clutter?

jcw
01-18-2004, 03:22 PM
The problem . . .

500 or so CD's, each numberd 0001 - 0500.
Each CD Case is labeled with its number
CD's stored in number order in shelves.
Printed list, including number used to find CD & replace after use.

My questions . . .

Now they are entered in an OrangeCD database, what's the best way to organize the actual CD's so they can be found when it's time to play them?

I can't find a report from Orange CD that lists the Personal/Reference # with just the Artist & Album names. Is there such a report or do I have to export to HTML, then print? (Doesn't seem very elegant. )

Before populating an OrangeCD database, I would like to hear from people who have figured out the most efficient approach, especially when the CD's are already assigned a number.

Because CD's find their way into other rooms, cars, computers, I need some way of managing the mess of jewel cases, etc. I'm beginning to think I should lose the jewel boxes and just keep the CD's in binders.

Does anyone have the perfect solution that exploits OrangeCD's super database features?

01-18-2004, 06:26 PM
unless theyve all got covers, i prefer to keep in big wallets, without jewel cases (mainly i guess for movies, most music is mp3)

if you have the original with all the artwork, then keep the cd in its case, with the artwork, and that way you have it the way it should be, and also you keep it safe - fingerprints and scratches are awful things. Personally, i never use any of my originals for this reason, i copy em straight away.

and how to use orange? id do "export to plain text" and then print that - you might even be able to get it to import into excel if you play with it :) (you can select whatever field you want with this)

andrei_c
01-21-2004, 01:32 AM
[quote=jcw]The problem . . .

500 or so CD's, each numberd 0001 - 0500.
Each CD Case is labeled with its number
CD's stored in number order in shelves.
Printed list, including number used to find CD & replace after use.

My questions . . .

Now they are entered in an OrangeCD database, what's the best way to organize the actual CD's so they can be found when it's time to play them?

I can't find a report from Orange CD that lists the Personal/Reference # with just the Artist & Album names.