PDA

View Full Version : Automatically add new CDs

RSF
01-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Is it just me or did it happen to anyone else?

I've just upgraded to 5.2.0, and the Automatically add new Cds feature box is checked but it stoped working!

Now I have to do it manualy!!! ???

I've checked it out and on again but still doesn't work :-/

Can I have some explanation on this (no I didn't change anything else on the computer!!!)

gecko
01-30-2004, 05:33 AM
I had the same problem, but unticking then re-ticking the box fixed it. You said you tried this already?

RSF
01-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Of course I did, first thing I've tried :)

But it's still not working, could it be some incompatibility with Windows 2000? ???

andrei_c
02-04-2004, 04:05 AM
I tested "Scan CD-ROM" but did not find any anomalies. The behavior changed a little as result of optimizations since the last release, but it still works for me.

Does anyone still see the problem? If so, what was the initial state of checkboxes in dialog, and what did you do afterwards?

Andrei

RSF
02-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Hi Andrei,

Just to give you one more tip to help with the problem, that stands the same.

It is just enough if I click the box to select the CD drive to start functioning! I mean I don't have to change anything just click the box and it starts working! If I don't do anything it hangs on the Scan CD dialog box, and I have and had before the Automatically add... feature checked!

Hope you find out what's happening!

P.S: Should I uninstall and install Orange CD and see what happens? And my settings (Preferences) will they disappear?

andrei_c
02-17-2004, 05:23 AM
P.S: Should I uninstall and install Orange CD and see what happens? And my settings (Preferences) will they disappear?
No, they won't disappear.

I am still unable to see this problem :(

Andrei

02-18-2004, 04:17 AM
:'( I too have this problem since beta 2. I did not scan CDs with beta 1, but I believe it is due to the new way Scan CD is behaving since than: Improved Scan CD-ROM feature performance: now it uses device change notification instead of a timer.

I have disabled the autoplay for CD and DVD drives with TweakUI and I think OrangeCD is depending on this notification?

Personally I would like this 'improvement' reversed, or maybe as an option so the user can choose which way should be used?

;D btw I like the new add from Amazon option, I think it is great for filling a wish list. If only there was a way to separate the wishes from the CDs you really own, but that is something for 5.3?

rcarljohnson
02-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Eric,

The wish list feature is already in OrangeCD Catalog now. Just un-click the In Collection check-box on the Record Properties page.

Bob

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
02-18-2004, 07:12 PM
[quote=rcarljohnson]Eric,

The wish list feature is already in OrangeCD Catalog now.

02-19-2004, 07:47 AM
[quote=rcarljohnson]Eric,

The wish list feature is already in OrangeCD Catalog now.

rcarljohnson
02-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Oh,

OK, I see what you are looking for now....

Well, we'll have to wait and see what Andrei can come up with.

Bob

02-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Could someone walk me through automatically adding? How do I manually assign sequential numbers?

RSF
02-21-2004, 01:30 PM
This subject is diversing from my initial goal :( ...

I'm still having troubles with Automatically add new CDs feature, it's just like Eric van den Bos says at reply#6.

I've uninstalled and unticked and re... everything but it does not work! I have to tick it manually!

Is it because I have two drives? Does this just happened to the two or three people that replied! ???

andrei_c
02-21-2004, 11:39 PM
[quote=Brian Harwood]Could someone walk me through automatically adding?

andrei_c
02-21-2004, 11:45 PM
I have disabled the autoplay for CD and DVD drives with TweakUI and I think OrangeCD is depending on this notification?

Personally I would like this 'improvement' reversed, or maybe as an option so the user can choose which way should be used?
Eric, I will test TweakUI and see if it affects this feature.

And there is a way to enable old method of scanning via timer poll, if needed. This will require registry tweaking, but first I want to test and fix the problem. I am working on it right now.

Andrei

02-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks, Andrei.

andrei_c
02-24-2004, 05:32 AM
Folks,

I fixed this problem with Scan CD-ROM dialog. In beta 4, it should work just like it did before.

Thanks for reporting the bug!

Andrei

02-24-2004, 05:59 AM
I fixed this problem with Scan CD-ROM dialog. In beta 4, it should work just like it did before.

:D Great! I look forward to this next beta.
The new feature to add covers by scanning new CDs will be another fine addition.
:) I am glad to hear that one will also be part of beta 4.

Eric

RSF
02-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Thanks for reporting the bug!

Andrei

You're welcome! I'm enjoying OrangeCD a lot ;D
The program is getting better in every version!
Just wanted to help!

03-10-2004, 04:27 AM
No, the function 'Automatically add a CD' is not yet working the same as before. It is a bit better though: I just have to push the button Close on the window each time a new CD in inserted, instead of closing the window and clicking 'Acquiring cd information' for each cd. ???

I did enjoy using the new 'Download CD covers'. It didn't find all the covers, but they were not very common CDs. I think this is a great time and keypress saver! :D

Keep up the good work.

Eric

Stoerpser
03-20-2004, 04:52 AM
I import new CD's over the CDPlayer.ini and I've found that entries in the ,ini were ignored, if the .ini ist biger than ~ 50 kb. Now I've saved a special CDPlayer.ini, wich contents only the newest CD's.

Is this only my problem or have this also another found?

andrei_c
03-27-2004, 08:13 PM
I import new CD's over the CDPlayer.ini and I've found that entries in the ,ini were ignored, if the .ini ist biger than ~ 50 kb. Now I've saved a special CDPlayer.ini, wich contents only the newest CD's.
Are you running Windows 95/98/ME? I think it is not-so-well known limitation of this operating system. The systems functions OrangeCD is using do not allow .ini files bigger than 64KB. The workaround is splitting .ini into smaller chunks and importing them one by one.

Andrei