PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnails Refreshing

03-29-2004, 11:01 AM
OrangeCD doesn't seem to store my thumbnails.

Whenever I open the catalogue and look at the entire collection or an artist folder, the thumbnails take a while to load, and the status bar says "Generating Thumbnails" and the percentage indicator.

My "Imaging" settings are: "Store covers in external files if size exceeds 0 KB." I also have the "Store thumbnails in the database" box checked.

How can I make OrangeCD truly store the thumbnails, instead of regenerating them every time?

Thanks.

andrei_c
03-29-2004, 01:28 PM
No, you can't make it faster than it is now. Note that the thumbnails are generated only once per session, and preserved until you exit the application. You just need to let them load once, and they will display instantly afterwards.

Andrei

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
03-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Also they do not have to be that big.300 x 300 like the ones from Amazon are fine.Or 200 x 200 from allmusic.com

03-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks, Andrei, for the fast reply.

Just out of curiosity, what is the point of the "Store thumbnails in database" option? I unchecked it and then checked it again, and could detect no difference in performance. The only difference was database size.

andrei_c
03-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is the point of the "Store thumbnails in database" option? I unchecked it and then checked it again, and could detect no difference in performance. The only difference was database size.
You are right, there should not be much difference with regular cover sizes. This option becomes really useful when cover images are big (400x400 or bigger). Generating thumbnails from covers that big can be really slow. But with this option checked, OrangeCD maintains a set of smaller covers inside the database, and it makes thumbnailing fast even with huge covers.

Andrei