PDA

View Full Version : new user - how do i sort/query on price?

linkjohnson
07-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi all,
I'm still in the evaluation period of my copy of OrangeCD and am close to going ahead and purchasing the real version but I have a question (and might be posting others as they come to me!).
I noticed in the record properties, there's fields to enter the price of the cd and date added but I can't find those options in any of the pull down menus or statistics or anything. Also, I'm not seeing this information in the status bar even though I have it selected to show price.
Someone please help the newbie! Thanks in advance!
Lincoln

rcarljohnson
07-27-2004, 02:03 PM
On the right hand side of the screen you can select Table Mode from the toolbar. This will display your albums/CDs in Table mode. While in Table mode, right-click on the table and select Colums from the menu. There is an option to add Price as a column. Once added, just click on the column-heading to sort by that column.

Also in the Advanced Search feature it is possible to search by the Price (Equal to, Not Equal to, Less Than, Equal to or Less Than, Greater Than, Equal to or Greater Than).

Hope this helps!

Bob

andrei_c
07-28-2004, 04:23 AM
Hi Lincoln,

status bar shows the price for the currently selected album. So if you click the album in thumbnail or table view, the price of this album will appear in the right part of status bar.

You can select several albums at a time by holding Ctrl or Shift keys, or select entire list by pressing Ctrl+A. In this case status bar will display the total price of the selected items.

Andrei

linkjohnson
07-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys!
That was exactly the functionality I was looking for. I had been enjoying the thumbnail view too much to realize that the table view would allow me to do what I want.
Thank you for the timely reply both of you. This software is really cool and knowing there is a place to get good and quick support is really important too...I think I see a purchase in my future!
Lincoln