PDA

View Full Version : Two different CDs return the same info when insert

theath
07-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi, I am a new user and have added about 450 CDs to my registered database and have successfully resolved duplicate and fuzzy search results.

andrei_c
07-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi Terry

There is a workaround. After you scan the first CD, click Tools | Duplicate menu command. This will create a duplicate record for this album. Then you can right-click the original record, i.e. one that does not have (2) suffix at the end of title, and choose Download CD Info menu command. OrangeCD will display an album selection dialog, in which you need to choose second album.

That way, you will end up having two records in the database, one for each album.

Andrei

andrei_c
07-28-2004, 05:27 AM
I just realized that this issue was already discussed here:

http://www.firetongue.com/boards/orangecd_general/1054454769.html

Since that time, ability to edit icons was added to OrangeCD Catalog, so if the black icon on a duplicate album bothers you, right-click it, switch to Custom/Misc tab and change icon to the default CD image.

I hope this helps.

Andrei

theath
07-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Andrei,
I tried your suggestion several times, using first one and then the other CD as the "primary". Either way when I look to download the FreeDB information it just recalls the same as it had before - whichever one it was I used as the primary, no choices.
Yet what I don't understand is that if they both have the same CDDB id# why do I retrieve the correct track info for each CD individually from FreeDB? (as long as the other CD is not in my database) It seems to me that OrangeCD uses the CDDB ID# - therefore sees them as the same CD, but FreeDB does not.
I now have both CDs in my collection, I scanned the first CD, duplicated it (removing the CDDB ID#) then deleted the original; I then scanned the second CD and got the correct FreeDB info for that. The only downside is that when I insert the first CD it points to the database record record of the second CD. I guess something I will have to live with.

Sorry I missed the original discussion thread, you are right it was exactly the same issue - I really did go through the FAQs and previous discussions.

Just a further comment - as a new user I think OrangeCD is superb and I believe I made the correct choice for my needs and I have not yet explored many of the facilities.
Regards
Terry

andrei_c
08-06-2004, 03:54 AM
Terry,

Try menu View > Preferences, Internet tab. Look for "Fuzzy match window" settings. Click "On inexact matches" and press OK.

This may explain why you are not seeing alternatives for your primary CD.

Regards

theath
08-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Andrei,
That is the default setting anyway, and Ihad checked that.
Anyway not a major issue - I have added the CD manually - it is now in the database, but I still don't understand why CDDB recognises the CDs as differen, even with the same CDDB ID, but OrangeCD doesn't.
As I say not a major problem - still a fantastic piece of software.
Regards
Terry