PDA

View Full Version : How to store disc labels (both CD and DVD)

svarreby
11-29-2004, 06:00 PM
I have named (label) my discs in a certain way. When I scan them in OrangeCD I can't see any option to "store" or include my discs labels ... or have I just missed something :-) ??

I would like an option that enables me to manually set the "label"
and this value should be "attached" to every single file.

In other words if I have 30 records on a DVD that is labeled "MP3_13" I would like to know w_h_e_r_e the particular record/song come from ...

Is this possible today?

PS Right now I'm manually inserting these values under Properties -> Personal -> Reference

pheisholt
11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure that I've understood your question, but it sounds like Record properties | Personal | Reference is the right place at the ALBUM level (You could of course use one of the Custom fields)

However, if you want your "name/label" to be attached to every single track/mp3 file, you'd have to use one of the TRACK properties.

Until Andrei provides us with additional pre-assigned and custom fields at the TRACK level (which he has promised to do), you're stuck with the choice between Personal notes and FreeDB notes.

In case you haven't discovered the track fields, this is how to find them:

1. From the Record properties window, select the 'Tracks' tab.
2. Then click the 'More' button in the lower right corner
3. Select 'Track properties...' from the dropdown menu
4. ...and up comes the 'Track properties' window with four tabs: General, Recording, Notes and Lyrics.

You can of course also use one of the existing pre-assigned track fields (if you don't use them for anything else), like for instance Recording | Engineer or Recording | Orchestra.