PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to split and merge albums?

svarreby
12-29-2004, 08:07 PM
I have a MP3-disc with a box set (4 albums) of an artist. ALl tracks are numbered and stored in the same folder ... like this;

101 - Artist - Track
201 - Artist - Track
301 - Artist - Track
... and so on

Is there an easy way to "split" these tracks into four different albumsHuh

Next question is the opposite ... if I have an artists box set (stored on a DVD-disc) divided into four different folders;

ABBA - Hits Box (Disc 1)
ABBA - Hits Box (Disc 2)
ABBA - Hits Box (Disc 3)
ABBA - Hits Box (Disc 4)

... is it possible to "merge" these different albums into one "album" (and at the same time be able to see wich track belongs to wich album?

If these functions is'nt avaliable at this point, I will post about it under the section "Wanted Features" ...

PS At first I posted this topic under the "FAQ" section but I realized (too late) that it was the wrong forum :-(

BLOWERS
01-01-2005, 08:32 AM
The 2nd part is easy (I think) - all you do is make each separate 'folder' 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4. I think you'd have to keep the main title EXACTLY the same in each case (ie don't add Disc 1, 2, 3 or 4 at the end), but you'd know which was which when you looked and saw 1/4 or 3/4 or whatever. On the 'main' record view, this will split up the 4 and show all the tracks in each 'album'.

As for the 1st part of the question, I don't quite get what you mean... Hope this helps!