PDA

View Full Version : Active X controls

SL
01-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I am getting the message "Your current security settings prohibit running AciveX controls on this page. As a result the page may not display correctly".

I have recently transferred my database from a laptop to my new PC. The laptop had no CD writer and the PC has no floppy drive, so I tried e-mailing them, which seemed to work fine. I can open the databases on the PC, but when I select an artist in the tree view the ActiveX message appears. I can open the artist folder (by clicking the + symbol) and view the album information fine. I can't view the screen where all albums by one artist are displayed.

I've tried re-entering some CDs in a new database, and this message doesn't appear. Will I need to re-enter all of my collection (hopefully no!) or is there some way around this?

Any suggestions? My laptop used Windows 98 and the new PC uses XP.

andrei_c
01-28-2005, 02:31 PM
This problem may be caused by some third-party security program that protects your computer by disabling ActiveX controls. To fix this, you need to run RegEdit.exe from the Run prompt and open the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
In this key, double-click the "1200" value and change it to "0".

Then repeat the same in this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
After that, you may need to restart your computer for setting to take effect.

Andrei