PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 Tag Recognision Issue

01-07-2005, 10:45 AM
When using the "scan media files" option in order to add my mp3 collection, sometimes although all my files have fully complete tags , Orangecd cannot recognize track's title and duration. Should I check something concercing my tags? The strange thing is that orangecd refuses to recognise only some tracks taken from the same album no matter what i do. i tried converting these files back to wav and re-encoding them to mp3 adding tag info from the beggining. No luck. Could you please help me? I really Like this program (although using a shareware version at the moment) and i would love to Buy it. It definetely has the best html report generator on the market.

02-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I have exactly the same problem: could someone help?

pheisholt
02-12-2005, 08:56 PM
I just discovered that none of the following four OrangeCD tags seem to provide any information at all if the MP3 files have been created by iTunes:

<!--[Albumtime/]-->
<!--[Bitrate/]-->
<!--[TrackTime/]-->
<!--[TrackBitrate/]-->

The track titles are also occasionally incorrect.

I've ripped my entire CD collection using iTunes. If I create a new empty database in OCD, run Scan media files.... on my (iTunes based) MP3 library, and then run an Export to HTML..., the four above mentioned tags provide absolutely no information. They return a blank, 0 or 0:00.

However, if I rip some of the same CD's with for instance MusicMatch or CDex, create a new database in OrangeCD, run Scan media files... again, and then Export to HTML..., every single album is presented with an album time, all track times are correctly displayed, and so are the bit rates for both album and tracks.

What have you got againt iTunes, Andrei? :)
Only kidding, but can anyone explain the reason for this weird behaviour?

[I have only tried a few rippers, so this problem may of course also occur with MP3 files ripped using other software than iTunes]