PDA

View Full Version : CDDB Category change is ignored

mbenzi
03-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I have been adding alot of cd singles lately and having mucho trouble. I mention the fact that these are cd singles because it seems the fewer the tracks on a disc the greater the chances of an ID collision. Here is what happened:
I inserted a new cd and did a CDDB lookup.
It came back with a match but it was incorrect.
I then entered all the correct info. The entry came in with the category set to ROCK which I then set to REGGAE (I knew there was no entry for for REGGAE because I created a tool to look this up in cases like this, I said it happens alot).
I re-submitted the entry and got the message that it had been sent.
A few minutes later I get the email a that says:

Your freedb submission was rejected for the following reason:

Discid collision in category rock

It had ignored my category change. Is there a reason it is doing this? I understand you dont want users looking up an entry, changing just the category, and re-submitting. But these two discs have completely different TOC's

# Track frame offsets:
# 150
# 19137
#
# Disc length: 475 seconds
vs.
# Track frame offsets:
# 150
# 17794
#
# Disc length: 475 seconds

I suppose I could work out a process to submit this without doing the lookup first. But is that the best way to handle these?

Thanks for you attention.

pheisholt
03-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Interesting. Have you tried contacting FreeDB or posting the same question to the FreeDB Forum (http://www.freedb.org/cgi-bin/ib31/ikonboard.cgi)?

How about trying to register the same CD single from a different FreeDB-aware application - just in order to see if the same thing happens then.

mbenzi
03-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes I can upload the entry in other applictions. In fact I now have a workaround in OrangeCD.
1. I have to delete the wrong entry.
2. Turn off the auto-lookup option
3. Put the CD into the Drive,
4. Enter the info. (with an unused category)
5. Upload to CDDB