PDA

View Full Version : What templates do you need?

andrei_c
07-10-2003, 02:15 AM
We consider expanding Gallery section of the website with some brand new, custom-designed templates. Please tell us in this topic, what features and styles would you like to see in new templates. Also, you can include the links to the music web sites that you think are made really well and worth looking at.

We will use your suggestions designing new templates and features of the new version of OrangeCD. Thank you for your support.

kjetil
07-10-2003, 05:16 AM
I don't currently use more than the basic database, but I really would like to be able to click an artist name (or label or instrument) and get a comprehensive list of tracks AND albums the artist/instrument whatever appears on.

Much like the allmusic.com, which is exemplary.

I would also like for artists to be listed several places as an option (so that Art Garfunkel would be listed both under Gar... and Simon & Gar...). Maybe a "secondary listing; third listing"-option and a "Show 1;2;3 listings"

Guess both things could be solved in templates?

All the best,
-kjetil

Stardancer
02-08-2004, 05:15 AM
What I really want to have on my web site is a plain list of artists - not discs like it is now. A click at the artist would take me to a list of his albums and single tracks. A click at the album would take to the album details, of course.

Thats what I really want. Thanks.

GatesOfDelirium
02-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi Stardancer

Your Request Already Exists In The Form Of The CMI Template Which Is Downloadable From The Gallery

Hope It Helps

Kind Regards
GatesOfDelirium

RSF
02-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi Andrei,

How about a simple HTML Export template, with images, resized to fit in a Pocket PC device. Something that would fit in 320x240 or something like that!!!

This is the best way I have found up till now to carry my database with me (so I don't start buying CD's I already have :-[) but any of the HTML templates you have get pretty messed up in a Pocket PC!!!

Is it a reasonable request ???

TwinkleTwinkle
03-11-2004, 11:38 AM
I'd like the main page to contain a list of genre's/categories, which if they are clicked on, show a list of artists in that genre/category, which can be clicked on to show the cd's for each artist.

I guess this can be done with the current CMI Template and doing an export for each genre, but this takes a long time if you have to perform an export for each one.

03-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Hi Stardancer

Your Request Already Exists In The Form Of The CMI Template Which Is Downloadable From The Gallery

Hope It Helps

Kind Regards
GatesOfDelirium

I am eagerly wanting features Stardancer mentioned.

I use CMI template but cannot find such features.

http://hematoma.net

RussMckendrick
06-01-2004, 09:56 AM
I

RussMckendrick
06-01-2004, 09:59 AM
whoops, bloody auto focusing >:( anyway, I would like the exported HTML to have abit more of a directory structure, its begining to to take awhile for the directory listing to appear on a non cached client.

Also a system where you could add aidtional pages, I really want to create a thumb nailed view of all my albums on a single page, but don't want to have to loose another page to be able to do it.

06-01-2004, 11:30 AM
I am eagerly wanting features Stardancer mentioned.

I use CMI template but cannot find such features.

http://hematoma.net

its easy, just select the sort by field as "artist" instead of "label" in the export options

avelde
01-19-2005, 06:12 PM
The thing about the directory structure RussMckendrick
mentioned, I fully agree. That was one of the first reasons to make a website in PHP. MySQL database is filled with a customied template, creating SQL Statements for the whole database. Now I have fully control of the directory structure of the website.

A helpfile explaining all the tags available would be nice, instead of looking to existing templates and what they do. It takes too long if you want something new and you have to take a look at all the templates to see how it works or if it's possible.

pheisholt
02-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I documented most of the OCD programming tags last year, but I still haven't completed the job. When I do I will publish it all on my OCD support site at http://ocd.juventas.net.

However, I was hoping to include programming changes in the upcoming version. But since Andrei isn't revealing any dates, I suppose there is no reason to wait.

If you're interested in a preliminary copy, drop me a line and I'll send you what I've got.

pheisholt
02-05-2005, 08:40 PM
I updated the documentation today. It's now available at the http://ocd.juventas.net site. Click 'Documentation (PDF)' under 'OCD programming' in the left pane.

The document basically explains how to edit/create themes and templates using DAXEdit. You will also find a complete list of tags, some examples of how to use them, a few screen shots etc.

Hope this may be of some help to OCD newbies.

rcarljohnson
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks Paul!

Much appreciated, even for someone who is familiar with modifying the Templates and Themes. This document will go a long way towards helping those who were cautious about modifying themes.

Thanks Again!

Bob
;D

04-29-2005, 07:07 AM
I would like a list with all artists of the database which links to all collection of the artist without album page.
On the artist page, i would like to see the album and year of each track. Exemple: Depeche Mode page:

1. Leave in Silence (A Broken Frame, 1982)
2. More than a Party (Construction time again, 1983)
3. ...

But for that, it would be necessary to have the tag of album and I only find the tag "title" for the name of repertory. As the repertory always doesn't correspond, i can't do it.

Thank you to help me and excuse my bad english.

06-08-2005, 03:34 PM
I really like the Crisp Theme and the advanced Web site when I export it. The one thing I would like is to be able to search by word or wildcard within the website/html Its great as it stands if you know the artist, year or genre but if you can only think of the title its a lot of searching, or having to wait till you can run OrangeCD database itself. I would like to be able to search remotely by going to the HTML website version of my data

Thanks - If the template exists, can someone tell me which/how. :)

bermuda
10-09-2006, 05:43 PM
I've posted my suggestion in another topic already but all I need is
to list all the drummers and when I click on the drummer I'd like to see all the CDs he played in. same for any instrument, of course.
Thanks a lot if you can do that (that's why I bought the software, I didn't think for a second that it would not be possible to do so).
And also I realize that (well, I hope I'm wrong !) there is no query to find all the Cds where Wayne Shorter (or anyone else) is playing (I can't believe it !)

scorpio
10-20-2006, 09:20 AM
In addition to v6 theme i would like the right side of window to be able to split and show artist info in the uper side and albums in the lower side.

Show we can see artist info and discography :)

Thanks In advance

jpottsx1
12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I could really use a template that allows me to list the CDs in the collection in the order that they were scaned into the OCD app.

I need to be able to co-ordinate very large collections (400 CDs at a time) so that the slot they occupy in the CD player matches the order that they scanned in to OCD so that they can be referenced in hand outs printed from OCD

Jeff

pheisholt
12-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi jpottsx1

Are you looking for something like this?
http://ocd.juventas.net/misc/crisplistlatest.htm

If that is the case, send me your email address, and I'll send you a copy of the theme.

-paul-

pheisholt
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi

Here

jpottsx1
12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Paul;
Thanks for the trmplate. It looks great, but I am still looking for a way to either print out or export to html, my cd collection in the order that the cd were entered into OCD.

Is it possible to access the "index" record in the DB in order to use it to sort the library?

Jeff

pheisholt
12-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Jeff

Nope - don't think there's any way you can access the database record index. You would have to ask Andrei about that. The only OCD tag I know, that will enable you to list the albums by entry date is 'dateadded'

When it comes to printing, I really don't understand the problem. Once you've got the albums listed in OCD using CrispListLatest, your can print them directly from there. Or am I missing something?

Of course you could use a template instead, if you'd rather have a standalone HTML file. I'll send you an example (based on the CMI template), which you can play around with.

Again you'll have to specify the number of entries you want to list. To my knowledge you can't specify 'all'. But if you want to list everything, simply enter a number higher or equal to the number of albums in your collection.

pheisholt
12-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Paul, thanks for the great template. I am still unable to somehow use the actual index from the database that would allow the records to be either numbered or printed in the exact order they would have been entered into OCD.

Any ideas on how to get that information?

Jeff

I don

pheisholt
12-16-2006, 08:30 AM
[quote]
I understand that the CD's are listed in the order of the dateadded tags, however the tag is not granular enough because it omits the time portion of the date stamp.

if your scan in 10 records one right after the other, then run the export routine that sorts them by date entered, they will not be sorted in the exact order they were entered.

MY problem is that each month I have to scan in 400 cd's and place then in a new Sony DVP-CX995V 400 Disc DVD/CD Changer which we use for reviews by writers. I have to print out booklets for each changer each month. The booklets need to provide