PDA

View Full Version : LP Track Listing

04-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Hi There,
I have just downloaded a trial version of OrangeCD and I love it. Before purchasing however, I would like to know if it is possible to edit the track listing so that they are grouped according to the two Sides of a Vinyl LP.
Most of the music that I want cataloged is in the LP format.

thanks,
D.J.

pheisholt
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
How do you enter the track information for each LP?

04-02-2005, 10:07 PM
from freeDB and Amazon ... but they are for CD releases ... i want to break them down further into Side1 and Side2 listings.
thanks

pheisholt
04-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Yes, it can be done. There is no function in OrangCD that I know of that will automatically make the split. But by editing the theme (using DAXEDIT.EXE), you can split the track list in two with "Side 1" and "Side 2" headings.

pheisholt
04-03-2005, 03:56 AM
Here's an example of what it would look like:

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/9629/lpside012cp.jpg

04-04-2005, 01:08 AM
thanks,
but exactly how do i edit the default theme ? can i download it somewhere ?

thanks again

pheisholt
04-04-2005, 02:55 AM
Themes and templates are located in the TEMPLATES subfolder (most likely C:\Program Files\OrangeCD\Templates). And they have a .DAX extension.

You edit themes and templates using the DAXEDIT.EXE, which you will find in the OCD program folder (most likely C:\Program Files\OrangeCD)

OrangeCD comes with only one theme - DEFAULT THEME.DAX. But you can download the CRISP.DAX theme from the OCD site, and the CRISPPLAY.DAX theme from my site (http://ocd.juventas.net).

All the other .DAX files are templates, which are used to export you music collection to HTML pages.

Themes and templates are installed simply by dropping the .DAX file into the TEMPLATES folder.

To determine which theme you are using, click View in the OCD menu. Then select Pereferences..... And finally click the Theme tab. If you have more than one theme installed you may select theme from the dropdownlist.

Each theme has a set of options which you can set from the Theme tab.

pheisholt
04-04-2005, 04:54 AM
I forgot to mention that you have to "trick" OCD into splitting the track list in two.

One way to do that is simply to enter a predefined text, like for instance 'S2' or 'Side2' in an unused field for the first track on side 2.

You can then program the theme to check for the occurence of the predefined text. When the text occurs, the theme will add 'Side 2' before adding the next track in the the track list.

If this is all greek to you, let me know and I'll send you a sample theme you can try out.

04-04-2005, 08:54 AM
thanks for the replies again .

please send sample theme to bayoniq@pldtdsl.net

ty

pheisholt
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
OK. Will do as soon as I get home from work.

04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Hello Paul
I have be closely following this helpful exchange! Could you please email the sample to me also? My email address is mceley@comcast.net. Also, using the CRISP template, I would like my 4 custom fields to display before the notes. Some of the notes get rather long. How would I do this? Thanks for your assistance. Take care ...

pheisholt
04-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Hi D.J.B. and Melvin C

I've sent you both a modified Default theme (Default theme-LP.dax) and a modified Crisp theme (Crisp-LP.dax).
These themes include a feature I've called 'LP mode'.

In order to split a track list in two, and add 'SIDE 1' and 'SIDE 2' headings to the respective parts, this is what you have to do:

1. Enable LP-mode for the chosen theme
2. Set the album format to 'LP' or 'LP box set'
3. Identify the last track of Side 1

Here's a more detailed explanation:
-------------------------------------------------
1. Enable LP-mode for the chosen theme
1.1 Unzip and place the two .DAX files in your Templates folder (probably (c:\program files\orangecd\templates)
1.2 Run OrangeCD
1.3 Click View, then Preferences, and finally the Theme tab.
1.4 Select one of the two modified themes from the dropdown list (Default theme-LP or Crisp-LP)
1.5 Scroll thru the Theme settings and make sure that the 'Enable LP mode (split track list)' setting is checked. If not, check it.
1.6 Click OK

2. Set the album format to 'LP' or 'LP box set'
2.1 Now select an album from OrangeCD.
2.2 Right-click anywhere in the album page, and select Properties from the menu
2.3 Select the General tab (of the Record properties window)
2.4 Select "LP" or "LP box set" from the Format dropdown list
2.5 Click OK

3. Identify the last track of Side 1
3.1 Right-click the last track of the LP's side 1, and select Properties from the menu
3.2 Select the Recording tab
3.3 Check the Interview checkbox
3.4 Click OK

You should now have a split tracklist with SIDE 1 and SIDE 2 headings.

Repeat 2-3 for each LP in your collection.

So what does the Interview checkbox have to do with the price of eggs? Well, since OCD doesn't have any custom properties at the track level (Andrei is evidently adding them in the 6.0 release) , I had to select one of the excisting predefined properties. It could just as well have been one of the other track properties (Multichannel, Orchestra, Personal Notes etc.) but I figured Interview is most likely a rarely used property.

Note that I haven't done anything with the track numbers. In other words the track numbers on side 2 do not start with 1. That would require an additional javascript.

pheisholt
04-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi Melvin C

It's fairly simple to move the notes after the custom fields.

1. Open the Crisp theme in DAXEDIT

2. Select the Album Page tab

3. Locate the following line:

04-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Paul,
I was able to place the customized fields about the notes with no problem! Your code and advice worked perfectly! Thanks so much for your assistance. Have a great day and take care ...

Melvin C

04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Paul,

for some reason i didn't get the LP themes ... can you pls send it again to bayonic@yahoo.com

thanks and sorry for the bother

04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Paul,
I didn't get them either. I just didn't want to bother you. You've been so helpful. From your suggestions, I've been able to figure out several other customizations:-) Thanks and take care ...

04-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi Paul,

Got it and got it to work . Thanks

02-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Paul!
How are things going? Happy new Year to you? With the new OCD Beta for version 6.0, my LP Track Listing that splits the album in sides 1 & 2 no longer works! How are you faring with this? Thanks and take care ...

pheisholt
02-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Hi

I'll have to look into that. Which version of the theme are you using? And are you running CrispPlay or CrispPlus?

02-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Paul,
I haven't updated to any new theme version. I'm using the OCD 6.0 Beta 1 software. Also, I'm using the same Crisp themes that you created and mailed to another gentleman and me this pass summer. Hopefull, this is a good starting point. Thanks again for your personal help and great posting in general ...

pheisholt
02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi Melvin

Could you send me a copy of the theme you are using. I'm not sure that I kept a copy of the final version of the theme with this particular feature.

pheisholt
02-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Melvin

I did find a copy (but it may not be the one you have). And as far as I can see it works fine with OCD 6.0.0 build 9715.
So, do send me a copy of your version, and I'll try it out.

pheisholt
02-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi Melvin

[quote]......Attached are the two (2) files that you sent.

The_Mole
02-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Paul,

while you're modifying Crisplus, could I put in a bid to have a "genre: classical" Album Page layout along the lines of

1. Composer's name in the title block

2. Artist/performer

pheisholt
02-12-2006, 07:47 AM
I have updated CrispPlus (v.2.03) and CrispPlay (1.44). Both now include the split track list feature (previously referred to as LP mode).

The updated themes can de downloaded from http://ocd.juventas.net. In the downloaded zip file you will find a !readme.txt which explains how to use the feature.

Note that CrispPlus will only work with OCD 6.x.

pheisholt
02-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi Chris

I'm working on a major CrispPlus update, which hopefully will include some of the new OCD 6.x features. If possible, I'll try to work your request into the update.

It may take weeks though before I have completed the update, I'm afraid.

meley
02-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Paul!
Thanks again! Your were absolutely correct. I forgot to choose "DualDisc" in my album's format. I'm looking forward to you major modifications on the CRISP themes. Have a great day and take care ...

davidagbr
06-06-2006, 06:52 PM
hi pheisholt, this is just the function that i've been after for ages! any chance i can get a copy of your modified theme?

cheers

David

pheisholt
06-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi David

As far as I can recall I've included this feature in the latest version of CrispPlay (for OCD 5.x or higher) and CrispPlus (only for OCD 6.x).

You can download either of them from http://ocd.juventas.net/home/index.asp