PDA

View Full Version : CD Track Info

11-24-2004, 11:10 AM
I did as your literature said...I put in a CD and the track info does not appear...it displays "new artist"..."Track 01", etc... and does not read the titles correctly. When it searches the internet it does not find any information...

rcarljohnson
11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
If Orange CD does not find the CD, then the CD is not listed in the FreeDB database. You will need to enter the Track Titles manually.
To do this, right-click on the Orange CD icon in the system tray when the CD is playing and select Track properties. A window will open up which will allow you to edit the track title.

Also, you will need to enter/select the Category if you want to be able to upload the info to FreeDB when you're done.
Orange CD will already have the track times entered for you as well as the correct number of tracks.

Once all of the tracks have been given the proper titles, you can right-click on the Orange CD icon in the system tray and select Send to FreeDB to upload the info to the FreeDB database.

Hope this helps!

Bob

pheisholt
11-24-2004, 07:37 PM
An alternative to typing it all, is to check the CDDB database. In order to do that you would have to use software like for instance iTunes (freeware, http://www.apple.com/itunes) - or any other CDDB-based software.

If the CD is listed in the CDDB database, the album title, artist(s) name(s) and track titles will be downloaded to your CDDB-based software. All you have to do then is copy and paste the information to OrangeCD. And then you can upload the info to FreeDB, as described by rcarljohnson.

I've found this method quite useful in many, but not all cases. It's probably most useful with compilations and albums with long, "tricky" and/or foreign track titles. I've at least saved quite a lot of time and effort this way.

My experience is that CDDB in general still covers a wider range of albums than FreeDB. (For more info about CDDB/FreeDB, take a look at http://www.feurio.net/English/faq/faq_cddb2.shtml)