Thread: Scan Media option does NOT use ID3v...info

Default Scan Media option does NOT use ID3v...info

I have my iPod backed up to and external harddrive and since it contains my whole music collection I want to import into OCD to catalog it. Each folder is in this tree structure:
    Artist\Album\disc#-track#-track title
    with all tracks containing ID3v2.x info and each album folder containing album cover art.

Here is an example of the problem. I scan the Artist folder and I get the 3 artist albums correctly titled with artwork. The track names come out like this: <track#> - <track title> where track# is the actual track number presumably from reading the file name of the track and NOT using the ID3 tag which is just <track title>. For multiple disc sets the tracks are in the correct order, though, which is good.

I go into the scan options and uncheck the Get Info From Folder/Filenames and make sure to get just the info from ID3 tags and then artist comes out Unknown and all the albums come out Unknown and track titles are in the format "track 01", "track 02", etc. I have double checked the ID3 tags and all the correct info is in there as other players and iTunes read and use it just fine.

Am I doing someting wrong or does it just not work correctly?

As a side note, I used to name my album tracks without the disc# or track# in the folder, but then OCD didn't know what order to put the tracks in and multiple disc sets came out all wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you share an example of media file that has this problem? It sounds like ID3v2 tags are completely ignored. It's very likely a bug.

Andrei

What do you want me to upload? I can't upload a media file as the largest thing this forum will allow is 97kb. Tell me what you'd like to see and I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by relayerman View Post
    What do you want me to upload? I can't upload a media file as the largest thing this forum will allow is 97kb. Tell me what you'd like to see and I'll do it.
    You can send by email to:

[email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email]

Ok, thanks. I have just sent a samll MP3 that has ID3v2.2 tag and seems to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    You can send by email to:

[email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email]
    Thanks Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by relayerman View Post
    Ok, thanks. I have just sent a samll MP3 that has ID3v2.2 tag and seems to be ignored.
    This is now fixed. OrangeCD had a bug with handling this specific tag version, 2.2. Update is coming today.

OK! I will try it out and let you know the results. Thanks so much for looking into it.

Well, the format of the tracks is now correct and uses the track name instead of the way it is in the folder on my harddrive. However, OCD completely ignores the DISC# number tag so now the tracks are in the wrong order. For instance, the tracks now appear in the order of track# before disc# such as disc1/track1, disc2/track1, disc1/track2, disc2/track2. Should be all disc1 tracks first then all of disc2 tracks, etc. Thanks for trying, though.

EDIT: tried an import of 2 disc album (using SCAN MEDIA from my harddrive) that has tracks with ID3v2.3 and the disc# is ignored there as well. If you can fix the disc# issue then this would be a huge win. Thanks.
    Last edited by relayerman; 12-30-2011 at 02:54 PM.