Thread: "Add from Discogs" Not Working - Can't Access Discogs Account

Exclamation "Add from Discogs" Not Working - Can't Access Discogs Account

I"ve been using Orange CD for more than 10 years. I've occasionally gotten an access error when trying to add entries from discogs. After two or three tries, it would always log on to my Discogs account and start working again. For the last few days, "Add from Discogs" has just stopped working. I get a large empty frame with a smaller "Script Error" message that asks me if I want to "keep running scripts on this page." If I click yes four or five times, the error box finally closes, leaving an empty frame that doesn't allow me to do anything. I've tried logging on and off Discogs, restarting Orange CD, opening and logging onto Discogs in three different browsers, reloading Orange CD, and rebooting. Nothing has worked. I don't know what else to try. Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions to solve it?

Thanks

Same problem here. Seems like this dialog-box interacting with Discogs, is running on a very old browser, that doesn't handle the scripts anymore. If you look at the source code (by right-clicking), it returns an empty page after you click "Authorize". If I paste the link from the previous authorization page in my browser, it generates a reply token. Just don't know where to put that. I looked at the windows registry entries, there's entries for Discogs and DiscogsSearch, but I don't really know how to insert this token there.
    I know the program is now free, which means it will not be updated, which is fine feature-wise but this is broken functionality that needs to be patched somehow, so if anyone knows how to? Or if we can update this internal browser to a current version?

So I remembered I had somewhere still an OrangeCD installation on another older computer, so I compared the windows registry entries. Under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Firetongue\Or ganizer\Discogs" there should be two entries, namely AccessSecret and AccessToken, which where missing at my current computer where Discogs was not working anymore. So I exported the registry entry from the old computer and imported again on the current computer. And yes then it is working again!
    I know this not really a fix, but it might help someone in a similar situation.

Success!!

Taking a tip from FranticBlue, I found an old hard drive that still had the operating system intact and was able to find the missing registry entries. This worked for me, and I once again have access to "Add From Discogs." Note that this involves editing the Windows registry, so don't attempt unless you know what you are doing.

In regedit, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firetongue\Organizer\Di scogs

Add string:

AccessSecret

Value data:

JSTYjBuAGdwpMmhITpHZnyZqifpSTbcdgHqDApsr

Add string:

AccessToken

Value data:

FPisAqRyvZMgyPsKHiSioNcwJjdfbBpbvWztwUAQ

Close regedit and see if it worked.

Hey GJetson,

This didn't work for me. In fact, I thought to myself that I could just use the freedb function for now, but (and I hate to break it to everyone) that doesn't work anymore either. Bad HTTP status.

Default FREEDB is long gone

Quote Originally Posted by birdienumnums View Post
    Hey GJetson,

This didn't work for me. In fact, I thought to myself that I could just use the freedb function for now, but (and I hate to break it to everyone) that doesn't work anymore either. Bad HTTP status.
    Freedb was shut down in 2020. But it will live on in the OCD menu because no one is updating OCD. For what it is worth, both Amazon and Discogs searches still work for me.