Thread: License key no longer accepted

Question License key no longer accepted

Already posted a support request AND sent an e-mail, but so far without success... So here's hoping...

I had to migrate to another PC, and somehow the key I have (which is valid for version 6.x) is not persistently accepted when I re-install OrangeCD.
    I can install the program, I can enter the key, and when I check (in "about"), it does state it is registered to me.

But after I close and re-open the program again, I get the same message every time, that my trial version is expired and that I need to purchase a license.

Please help!
    My entire musical life (literally a couple of thousand CDs!) is in this database!!!

OCD Software build: 6.5.8
    Windows 10 Pro ; 21H1; OS build 19043.1415

Unhappy Oh damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    So here's hoping...

...against hope.
    In a wave of sudden inspiration, I though "what if I simply buy a new key?"...but the "buy" button shows an empty page with the message that the product is not available.

Damn.
    DAMN.
    Seems like is is the end of the road for OrangeCD.
    Oh man...the thousands of hours I spent on my database... this hurts. :-(

I hate that I now seem to have little alternative but to move to MusicCollectorz with their despicable "subscription model".
    So long guys. It was a magnificent run.

Maybe this software should be made freeware if no new keys are being made available for purchase.

This will solve future problems for users.

New update 6.5.9 removes all the license key screens and mentions. OrangeCD is now freeware.

Interesting.

No future impovements?

What about a possibility to export ALL datas from OrangeCD database to ms_access or excel?

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    No future impovements?

What about a possibility to export ALL datas from OrangeCD database to ms_access or excel?
    You can already export the entire database (or any selected part thereof) to XML. There are various approaches to importing XML files to Excel (and then to Access); Professor Google is your friend here. I doubt anyone is going to take on the rather difficult task of creating an export function for what is now a piece of freeware.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 02-15-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Thumbs up Thank you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    New update 6.5.9 removes all the license key screens and mentions. OrangeCD is now freeware.
    As much as I would have loved OrangeCD to be updated and supported for ever, I fully understand sometimes you just have to move on.
    The change to freeware DID solve my problem, so I'm sure I'll get a few solid years out of the program yet (and as my purchase of CDs has dwindled to a trickle, that may be all I need before my database just becomes a point of reference for me and quite possibly my insurance agency, :-D.

Thanks for all the hard work and the fun, Andrei! And very best of luck with whatever path you are on these days.