Thread: Media files album path

Default Media files album path

It sure would be nice to be able to bulk modify the media file "album paths" in OCD. I have moved my 2400+ album files to a new networked drive and I do not want to rescan the files as I will lose a lot of manually entered data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to incorporate this feature in the next update?

Do that like this:
    1. Make a backup of your database Do that with the 'Database -> Backup -> To File... command.
    2. In the tree view on the left, click 'Entire Collection'. This should cause your entire collection to become visible on the right.
    3. Select your entire collection: click on an album on the right and press Ctrl-A.
    4. Press 'Alt-Enter' or right click and choose Properties from the context menu.
    5. Click the 'Misc' tab.
    6. You should see a partial path in the 'Media Path' field. This will be whatever part of the media path every album has in common. For example, 'D:\My Music\...'
    7. Click the Change button and path to the corresponding folder in the new layout, for example 'F:\My Music'
    8. Click OK.
    9. It should be apparent from the instructions, but this works only if the hierarchy of files is the same. For example, if you moved your music from one disc to another but did not change what folders each album was in.
    10. Need to restore that backup? Use 'Database -> Restore from backup'

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Balok; 09-16-2020 at 08:33 PM.