Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orange Catalog Problem

Default Orange Catalog Problem

I've been using Orange catalog for years. Yesterday when i got home from work my catalog wasn't responding and i had a "template error" under my music collection and it wasn't responding to my catalog. Ultimatley i had to restore the program and reload my database from my back up. Not happy with that, but i got my catalog back. However, when I go to load an album using Discogs I now get "Bad HTTP Status Code". Any help from the adminstrator would be greatly appreciated.

John

Quote Originally Posted by j_castellano@comcast.net View Post
    I've been using Orange catalog for years......

John
    I think it just started happening. I was at work and dl'ing covers fine but when I got home I get the bad http code. I should note that I havent used Orange cd in a few years after I got a virus, from another source of course, so I had to reinstall and retype all my info, key etc.... then restored from backup.

EDIT: Issue seems to be fixed for me now. I did nothing

EDIT EDIT: Seems to be down again I'll just wait LOL

Edit 3: logged into pc and opened OCD, could dl a cover great ! tried another and Error. Seems like after being closed for some time I can dl 1 item then error, same as my edit #2.

Session Log:

Connecting to ecs.amazonaws.com
    >| GET /onca/xml?AWSAccessKeyId=0KVBS3ZNNEXJ2JXM9C02&AssociateT ag=orangesuitemu-20&ItemPage=1&Keywords=Cure%20Faith&Operation=Item Search&ResponseGroup=Images&SearchIndex=Music&Serv ice=AWSECommerceService&Timestamp=2019-05-25T01%3A53%3A26Z&Version=2011-08-01&Signature=zgT3xCZiS5KQOv3zL8uVn8Ss%2B4aQhbeL5VH WPDET5lQ%3D HTTP/1.1
    >| User-Agent: OrangeCD 6.5
    >| Host: ecs.amazonaws.com
    >| Connection: Keep-Alive
    >|
    <| HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
    <| Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 01:53:25 GMT
    <| Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    <| Vary: Accept-Encoding,X-Amzn-CDN-Cache,X-Amzn-AX-Treatment,User-Agent
    <| x-amz-rid: 17EX9HD5GQS4C6RP5PE5
    <| Content-Length: 370
    <| Cneonction: close
    <|
    <| (binary data)
    <|
    Last edited by chico; 05-25-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I think it just started happening. I was at work and dl'ing covers fine but when I got home I get the bad http code. I should note that I havent used Orange cd in a few years after I got a virus, from another source of course, so I had to reinstall and retype all my info, key etc.... then restored from backup.

EDIT: Issue seems to be fixed for me now. I did nothing

EDIT EDIT: Seems to be down again I'll just wait LOL

Edit 3: logged into pc and opened OCD, could dl a cover great ! tried another and Error. Seems like after being closed for some time I can dl 1 item then error, same as my edit #2.

Session Log:

>| GET /onca/xml?AWSAccessKeyId=0KVBS3ZNNEXJ2JXM9C02&AssociateT ag=orangesuitemu-20&ItemPage=1&Keywords=Cure%20Faith&Operation=Item Search&ResponseGroup=Images&SearchIndex=Music&Serv ice=AWSECommerceService&Timestamp=2019-05-25T01%3A53%3A26Z&Version=2011-08-01&Signature=zgT3xCZiS5KQOv3zL8uVn8Ss%2B4aQhbeL5VH WPDET5lQ%3D HTTP/1.1
    >|
    <| Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 01:53:25 GMT
    <| x-amz-rid: 17EX9HD5GQS4C6RP5PE5
    <|
    <| (binary data)
    <|
    I'm getting the same thing with Amazon, too...There was a Freedb 502 error, as well...Every time I try to upload an entry from Amazon, same thing happens..."Bad HTTP status code"...What's going on here?

Here's the session log...

>| GET /onca/xml?AWSAccessKeyId=0KVBS3ZNNEXJ2JXM9C02&AssociateT ag=orangesuitemu-20&ItemId=B01K8MS5YC&Operation=ItemLookup&Response Group=ItemAttributes%2CTracks%2CImages%2CEditorial Review&Service=AWSECommerceService&Timestamp=2019-05-25T12%3A52%3A21Z&Version=2011-08-01&Signature=ns6ABV%2BLnRrqXWiLt1nfYCUVOhK8WdZ82gH LviyUJ0A%3D HTTP/1.1
    >|
    <| Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 12:52:20 GMT
    <| x-amz-rid: 0FJ2H15YV078BZQQNQQF
    <|
    <| (binary data)
    <|
    Connecting to images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com
    >| GET /images/I/41losXCDMmL.jpg HTTP/1.1
    >| Host: images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com
    >|
    <| HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    <| Server: Server
    <| Content-Type: image/jpeg
    <| Content-Length: 21007
    <| X-Amz-IR-Id: b8054be1-0e00-411c-bbab-f5edba713e83
    <| Last-Modified: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:03:08 GMT
    <| Timing-Allow-Origin: https://www.amazon.com
    <| Cache-Control: public, max-age=630720000
    <| Expires: Fri, 20 May 2039 12:52:22 GMT
    <| Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 12:52:22 GMT
    <| Connection: keep-alive
    <| X-Cache: Miss from akamai
    <| Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
    <|
    <| (binary data)
    <|
    Last edited by vinylmaster; 05-25-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Are you still having these problems? I was able to use both discogs and amazon just now with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Are you still having these problems? I was able to use both discogs and amazon just now with no issues.
    Yes I am. Error code below. EDIT: Some albums seem to work others get an error seems to be sporadic but I can dl them eventually !!!! Example Phantogram Voices returns the error below but removing voices and searching for just phantogram returns results...

>| GET /onca/xml?AWSAccessKeyId=0KVBS3ZNNEXJ2JXM9C02&AssociateT ag=orangesuitemu-20&ItemPage=1&Keywords=Cure%20Rarities%201988%2019 89&Operation=ItemSearch&ResponseGroup=Images&Searc hIndex=Music&Service=AWSECommerceService&Timestamp =2019-05-28T01%3A01%3A42Z&Version=2011-08-01&Signature=lloIHnvA3jM1lN0xM4GuNqNs583q5zIimBS61 UuqGqw%3D HTTP/1.1
    >|
    <| Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 01:01:41 GMT
    <| x-amz-rid: 0917VRZPMHBT76KDZF2V
    <|
    <| (binary data)
    <|
    Last edited by chico; 05-28-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Same here...It's very intermittent...It might work for an entry or two from Amazon and it depends on what info/keywords you enter (artist or artist/title, etc.)...Then it's back to the "Bad HTTP Status Code" again...Strange thing is that it worked fine not that long ago and it's been several days of this...There must be some reason more than one of us are having issues...

Have you tried contacting Andrie by email about this problem. Maybe he doesn't check forums frequently!

Seems to be working now for me. Maybe was on amazons end? Well spoke too soon ... did about 50 albums fine then started getting error again.
    Last edited by chico; 05-31-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Seems to be working now for me. Maybe was on amazons end? Well spoke too soon ... did about 50 albums fine then started getting error again.
    I think you are lucky to have gotten that many. Amazon has changed the rules for access to its API. Only sites that allow (encourage?) purchases from Amazon can use the API (and there are rules about the minimum number of purchases that get made plus regional restrictions plus plus plus and so on). Since OCD isn't designed for purchasing, the Amazon API is unlikely to ever be properly available again.

On the other hand, Discogs does seem to be working okay. It is unfortunate that Andrei didn't work on adding Musicbrainz as a source before he lost interest in the program (and time to work on it); it would have been a useful source.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    I think you are lucky to have gotten that many. Amazon has changed the rules for access to its API. Only sites that allow (encourage?) purchases from Amazon can use the API (and there are rules about the minimum number of purchases that get made plus regional restrictions plus plus plus and so on). Since OCD isn't designed for purchasing, the Amazon API is unlikely to ever be properly available again.

On the other hand, Discogs does seem to be working okay. It is unfortunate that Andrei didn't work on adding Musicbrainz as a source before he lost interest in the program (and time to work on it); it would have been a useful source.
    That's sad news, Jazz_North...Some of us have been actively working on our database for some time now and Amazon's API was a big help...Discogs does work, but for some albums in the collection, Amazon showed the album, whereas Discogs did not...Some of them I've had to manually enter...It just sucks that they had to change things for the worse...OrangeCD is still the best program, though...The MusicBrainz idea is a good one, too!