Thread: OrangeCD Alternatives

Default OrangeCD Alternatives

First of all, OrangeCD has been the best software for my collection for ever, but since windows update it's running extremely slow. So I was wondering if there's a good alternative out there. I know I really shouldn't be asking for rivals software, but with no updates since April 2016 I feel I've no option but to move.
    If there is such an option would I be able to import/export from OrangeCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    First of all, OrangeCD has been the best software for my collection for ever, but since windows update it's running extremely slow.
    This is not a problem with OrangeCD. It is a problem caused by the update. There are two exploits, MELTDOWN and SPECTRE, that can be use by hackers to have a look at your processor's internal memory. Microsoft released a patch in the latest update that attempts to close this exploit, but it also slows most computers down.

Yes, I too feel the same as Poohbear. The graphics and layout could be updated/freshened but nothing in 2.5 years. It is not looking good at this point. I am looking at a new desktop build this winter and will migrate to it. Without hopes of an update or signs of continuation of the software I don't think I will continue to invest my time in something that is going to eventually die. Anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

I use several pieces of software (not OCD) that are more than 20 years old. I use them because they work fine and because there is nothing better. I don't see any need for fancy graphics and I got what I want in the layout by learning how to customise OCD (it's pretty simple). I have looked at other programs and they lack so many features that OCD has, that they are basically useless.

I'm still using OCD after all these many years...If there was something better than OCD, I'd probably be using it, but I haven't found anything yet...I've even recommended it to my audiophile friends, because of all the features! The database is getting crazy huge, though...