Thread: Lost everything

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Lost everything

I seem to have lost my 2 databases.Sure i had back ups -where would they be stored? i'm in a panic now!!!! Brian

They should be easy to find with a search. The backup files have the extension obk. When I save a backup it has a date and the new one does not overwrite the existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    I seem to have lost my 2 databases.Sure i had back ups -where would they be stored? i'm in a panic now!!!! Brian

i have tried that,but nothing comes up. I always kept at least 3 backups on main HD. i did re-format an external drive recently but this shouldn't have affected my main drive.Surely these 2 large bases must be somewhere on my PC.

I don't think they are hidden files; search finds them on my system with no special settings. Have you searched the wastebasket? If you create a new database where does OCD want to save the backups?

Default Still no d.b

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    I don't think they are hidden files; search finds them on my system with no special settings. Have you searched the wastebasket? If you create a new database where does OCD want to save the backups?
    Thanks for coming back.Tried recycle bin -negative.Tried .obk files in search -negative. i have/had all orange stuff on main HD -C. Taught me a lesson to keep backups on another drive in future, if there is a future.
    i have sent in 3 requests to administrator for help over past 6 days -also negative.I would have expected some help by now from firetongue or Andrei -if he still has any interest in his product.Does orange keep a sort of floating db. which can be recovered? i am at a loss for these large db complete with covers can't just disappear surely. Brian

I don't know much of anything about computers, so when I install a program I just let it install where it wants to. On my system (Windows 7) my backups are located in the Music option in the start menu. Have you tried looking there?