Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discogs Support

Suddenly Discogs is working for me again. I don't know if it's something they changed at their end, or because I tried something with my browsers. This may be totally irrelevant, but I tried visiting api.discogs.com in Chrome, where it didn't work, and Firefox, where it did, and then (temporarily) changed my default browser to the latter. Thought it was worth mentioning in case it triggered Windows to allow the connection to Discogs. But I have no idea how these things work, so it may have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    I just added an album from Discogs with no issues using Windows 10 and OCD Build 21902 (6.5.7).
    What's the point in posting this ?
    It's obvious that this thread refers to problems concerning legacy os (windows xp).
    Have you not read none of the above posts or are you trying to be a smart guy?
    Last edited by ekoliniol; 05-27-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spikedcandy View Post
    Suddenly Discogs is working for me again. I don't know if it's something they changed at their end, or because I tried something with my browsers. This may be totally irrelevant, but I tried visiting api.discogs.com in Chrome, where it didn't work, and Firefox, where it did, and then (temporarily) changed my default browser to the latter. Thought it was worth mentioning in case it triggered Windows to allow the connection to Discogs. But I have no idea how these things work, so it may have nothing to do with it.
    YES! It's working again on windows xp x64. Magic ?
    Obviously discogs changed (luckily) something again.

You were blaming Andrei for not fixing OCD to solve this problem, when the problem was actually the crappy operating system you use (legacy, indeed, that's a good one, maybe you have a sense of humour after all), so I pointed out that OCD works fine with Discogs. Helps diagnose the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ekoliniol View Post
    What's the point in posting this ?
    It's obvious that this thread refers to problems concerning legacy os (windows xp).
    Have you not read none of the above posts or are you trying to be a smart guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    You were blaming Andrei for not fixing OCD to solve this problem, when the problem was actually the crappy operating system you use (legacy, indeed, that's a good one, maybe you have a sense of humour after all), so I pointed out that OCD works fine with Discogs. Helps diagnose the problem.
    I'm not blaming anybody. I looking for a solution to my problem. I totally respect andrei's work, and love OCD.
    But you have to understand (I believe that you're not a programmer. I would be surprised otherwise!) that a developer's work is to try to find a solution to the problems of the software users.
    If andrei would have replied (which he could) that legacy OS is no longer supported by OCD I would have gladly accepted his answer because I know how difficult it is for a developer to test a software across different platforms , OS, Browsers etc.
    Anyway I still think that you're trying to play smart because pointing that OCD works fine in Win 10 does not help at all.
    We already knew what the problem was (see previous post about TLS)
    Last edited by ekoliniol; 05-28-2016 at 08:20 AM.