Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

Andrei
    Is there a way to use the new Windows 10 audio player called "Groove" instead of "Windows Media" for the OCD default audio player?

Thanks
    Ron

You can change the media player by going to View -> Preferences -> Media (click on right arrow next to the tabs in Preferences to get to Media). I do not know what you need to put in the command line to use Groove because I don't know the location of the Groove application in Windows 10, but you should be able to find that out. Here is the command line I use when I want to have iTunes as the default:

"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" "%1"

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldg View Post
    Andrei
    Is there a way to use the new Windows 10 audio player called "Groove" instead of "Windows Media" for the OCD default audio player?

Thanks
    Ron

Thanks Jazz_North, but the problem is I can't find the Groove.exe location within Win10.

Yeah, I thought that might be a problem. And I don't have Windows 10 so I would be no help. However, it may may not be groove.exe. Groove.exe is an application file name that is part of the Groove Virtual Office setup that runs on windows. I assume you have tried right clicking on the Groove program name in the start menu and choosing properties, but maybe that doesn't work in Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldg View Post
    Thanks Jazz_North, but the problem is I can't find the Groove.exe location within Win10.

Since Groove is just an update of Xbox Music which is an update of zune, you might try finding one of those application names.