Thread: Create New Artists

Default Create New Artists

Morning

I have been busy with inputting a load of new albums, and one in particular was listed incorrectly via the add media source. The particular artist, I wanted to change for the album, wasn't listed, so I created a new artist, under the manage artist screen and saved as such. Went back into the album that I wanted to edit, and as you can not type in the new artist you have to make the selection from the drop down menu. The new artist that I had just created isn't showing. So went back into the manage artist screen and sure enough my new artist was in there.

Any ideas as to how I can edit an album, changing the artist to that of a new one please

Regards

Steve

I have sorted it thnx by creating a new album manually (fictitious) and then deleting that album and the new artist is now showing in the artist listing

Actually you can just type in the artist name if you are in the Record Properties display. The only exceptions are if there is a collaboration or if the artists are Various Artists. In these cases the the background to the Artist field will be gray. To change this just click on the right arrow(head) next to the artist entry box and de-select whichever is checked; then you can type in whatever you want. I do this all the time.