Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Being a newcomer (relatively) to OC, and patiently adding my massive MP3 collection (after some serious tagging etc), I am curious as to why some MP3 albums can not be added, and the program just seems to ignore them.

Another niggle for me, is that OC adds an MP3 album but drops the added tagged artwork along with the track timings, probably happens about 5% of the time.

1311 albums in the collection to date.

Regards

Steve

Does it not add the album at all or does it add it with New Artist, New Album and Track 1, Track 2, etc, as the track titles? If it does not add the cover art can you find the cover art with Download CD Covers? Can you get missing info using Download CD info?

Hiya

Thanks for getting back to me - nope doesn't add the album at all so may have to resort to adding it manually. Cover Art isn't that much of a problem.

Something you might try to save yourself a lot of typing using manual entry is to instead Add from Discogs (or freedb or amazon, but I find I get more data from discogs) to get the information in and then manually add the album path and make other edits as necessary (with discogs the photographer and other non-musicians often get included with the musicians).