I have found some puzzling, inconsistent behaviour for Artist Sort Name in collaborations. I always have the Artist Sort Name as Last Name, First Name (easily done with swap in artist profile. But in some cases even when I have albums by an artist that properly show up as LN, FN when there is no collaboration will only appear as FN LN in a collaboration. For example, Paul Desmond correctly appears as Desmond, Paul when he is the sole artist. But in collaborations (when he is the first artist) his artist sort name is always Paul Desmond, as in:

Paul Desmond & Gerry Mulligan (instead of Desmond, Paul & Gerry Mulligan)
Paul Desmond & Jim Hall (instead of Desmond, Paul & Jim Hall)

even more puzzling is that when Mulligan is the first artist, the sort name is correct:

Mulligan, Gerry & Paul Desmond

When I switch the order of artists in the last example, I get Paul Desmond & Gerry Mulligan. When I switch the order so Desmond is not first I get Mulligan, Gerry & Paul Desmond. However, this doesn't work with the other example, I get Jim Hall & Paul Desmond.

So what is going on here? I can't see anything different in the artist profiles for Desmond and Mulligan. And in any case, Jaki Byard appears as Byard, Jaki in some collaborations and as Jaki Byard in others. This inconsistency makes proper alphabetization impossible.