Thread: multiple image artwork

Default multiple image artwork

Many online vendors are now showing the image of the rear of CD's, which often has more information than just the tracks. It would be a great add if OrangeCD would allow for two images for each CD entry. Is this possible?

I'll go you one further...Why not have an option for two side by side images, or FOUR separate images in a square (For example, think of your photo programs that have templates for ONE 8 x 10 image, FOUR 4 x 6 images, or NINE wallet size images...)? You could have one image of the album cover, one image of the album rear cover, an image of any inner artwork, or lyric sleeve, photo booklet, etc., and an image of the album label, actual CD, etc. If you decided to input a box set of 4 CD's, for example, you could show each CD. If it was a collection of 4 separate CD's or volumes in a set, each CD's unique artwork could be shown. I've always thought that only having the option to put ONE picture in the artwork tab was too limiting for some albums...Of course, if you only wanted to put the album cover there, that would be fine, too, but at least put a checkbox to ALLOW for two or four images, if one so desired...but then again, it's a small irritation in the grand scheme of things...

A simple (I think) solution is if under album art you could provide a link to a folder of images and in configuration provide a path to your preferred image viewer. Picassa for example. That would allow the user to customize how album art is viewed outside of OCD.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    I'll go you one further...Why not have an option for two side by side images, or FOUR separate images in a square (For example, think of your photo programs that have templates for ONE 8 x 10 image, FOUR 4 x 6 images, or NINE wallet size images...)? You could have one image of the album cover, one image of the album rear cover, an image of any inner artwork, or lyric sleeve, photo booklet, etc., and an image of the album label, actual CD, etc. If you decided to input a box set of 4 CD's, for example, you could show each CD. If it was a collection of 4 separate CD's or volumes in a set, each CD's unique artwork could be shown. I've always thought that only having the option to put ONE picture in the artwork tab was too limiting for some albums...Of course, if you only wanted to put the album cover there, that would be fine, too, but at least put a checkbox to ALLOW for two or four images, if one so desired...but then again, it's a small irritation in the grand scheme of things...
    What about boxsets of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 .... These are becoming more common: Neil Young Archives, Grateful Dead Box Sets, Eagles, Byrds, Beatles ...... Cover images cannot be limited to 4. This feature has been long asked for and has been promised for the next major release sometime in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I would also like multiple images for split 7"s with two covers as well as specially being able to show colored LPs or picture discs with their covers.

In Joebugs' case, there ought to be an option to add extra pages for more artwork, maybe an "add extra page" button to handle those huge boxed sets...I don't know what would work better...individual pages of artwork that could load one at a time, and you could click an arrow to go to page 2, page 3, page 4, etc....kind of like how you can fast forward thorugh a slideshow or photo gallery...or maybe have the option of loading 4 images on page 1, 4 more images on page 2, and so on, depending on how many CD's, covers, volumes of a set, etc. that you want to display...maybe both options...1 image per page, with an option to create as many pages as you want afterwards, or the ability to add 4 images per page with the same option to create more. When you think about it, you can view a video in it's normal size, or you can watch it in "full screen mode"...why should OUR options for Orange CD be any less? Having said that, it still beats other programs out there, but there's always room for improvement, I say! At least, Andrei doesn't have to think of these things...HE HAS US TO DO ALL THE THINKING, and he can look to this forum for inspiration and new ideas! Plus, he can "test" out any new features on us first, and get our opinions, if he wanted! I always find it amazing...the more I use the program, the more thoughts that come to my mind!