Thread: Entering and totalling values for insurance purposes

Default Entering and totalling values for insurance purposes

I see there is an entry for price. Is there an entry field for the value of an item and can the software add up all those values and create a total value of my collection for insurance purposes?

I don't think OCD can add things up (but it does add up times of tracks). But you can export data in a csv format that you can paste into a spreadsheet. (Database > Import and export > Export entire collection > Next and then choose the fields you want). There are two "price" fields on the Library tab of album general properties: Price and Original price. I would assume Andrei meant for one to contain whatever you paid for it and the other to contain your estimate of its current value. It doesn't matter which you use for which as long as you are consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
    I see there is an entry for price. Is there an entry field for the value of an item and can the software add up all those values and create a total value of my collection for insurance purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
    OCD will give you totals or at least mine will. First, select your entire collection in table view (or whatever albums you have entered values for). Then highlight (select) the ones you want the total for. The amount will appear in the bar at the bottom of OCD along with number present and number selected. Be forewarned that box sets add the amount for each album. I.E., if you paid $25 for a three CD set, it will value each album in the set at $25 or a total of $75. So if you can find a way around this (you could divide the cost by number of albums in the set and enter that I suppose), you will not have an accurate total.

The bar will also give other totals such as time, etc.