Thread: Newb...3 Questions (2 and a bug?)

Default Newb...3 Questions (2 and a bug?)

These all pertain to printing a list of my database:

1) Is there a way to make multi-discs show up only once?
    2) If no, can I have disc number in the label? Didn't see it on the list...
    3) I have set the bottom margin to 1/2 inch, but it is about a quarter of the way up the page...bug?

If this all works, definite buyer...

Thank you.

Q1: Yes. once you have all the disc loaded... be sure that for all the discs the artist and title are all the same. (not just close but the same... for example.. the beatles, are different from The Beatles, is different than beatles, the, is different from Beatles, The... etc).. same goes for the album title.. case and spelling are the most common problems. Then select "make box set" under the tools menu. You will now see just one entry with a + in front of it. The only thing that you currently have is a different artwork for each disc. If you get an error with the make box set feature... I find it is usually a problem with the fields in the general properties field part#... just blank it out.

I am not sure what you are refering to in Q3

Fred

Is there a way to do the 'box set' in bulk? I have thousands...

As to 3, it seems the margin adjustment is not working properly. It will not print more than ~ 3/4 of the way down the page no matter what I set the margin to.

Thx

I don't know of a way to do it in bulk. And the likelihood is that you will need to tweak the entry in at least one of the albums in a set anyway as the databases do not always have exactly the same information in the same way for disk in a set.

As for 3. We can't help if we don't know what you are trying to print or display. OCD has a number of print options. Exactly what are you trying to do. The MORE details you provide, the easier it is to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    Is there a way to do the 'box set' in bulk? I have thousands...

As to 3, it seems the margin adjustment is not working properly. It will not print more than ~ 3/4 of the way down the page no matter what I set the margin to.

Thx