Thread: 12,000 and counting...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 12,000 and counting...

Hey, all. It's been a while, but I'm up to 12,000 entries and I continue to add on. I'll tell you...it's been interesting, trying out different things, and learning about the different features of OrangeCD...And recent backups of my databases are a good thing! It'd be a shame to lose what I worked so hard for. It's surprising how many small items add up (and I've barely touched the 7-inch vinyl!). If I had my druthers, though, I wish I could easily copy a database entry, and transfer all of my information within the entry into a separate database, with a couple clicks. Some items and artists are harder to categorize, so I keep two separate listings for the same item in different databases. For instance, if I have a database for swing music, and a database for rock, and I have an artist who's part swing, part rock n' roll, I'll keep the same listing in each database, for easy reference. I wish I could just copy one entry, and transfer it into a second database easier. I just search for the same item again, but it feels as if I'm doing twice the work, but I'll do it, until something changes. There should be an "add entry from separate database" tab on a drop-down menu somewhere. Or a "copy entry" and "paste entry" when I right-click over it, and everything would get transferred when I pasted the entry into the second database...It's a thought, anyway.

But, I rant. I have found that the more I use OrangeCD, the more things I learn along the way. Have you guys found any interesting discoveries, from poking around and trial and error, that have helped make things easier? Have any of you had an "I didn't know I could do that!" moment?
    Last edited by vinylmaster; 01-10-2013 at 04:04 AM.