Thread: All CAPS artists names?

Default All CAPS artists names?

While entering albums into my database, some artists names come out as all caps. This only happens on occassion, but cant figure out for the life of me why, or more importantly, how to to change it. Suggestions?

How are these being entered? Some entries in some databases are - for some reason - in caps. For example, some albums I have acquired from the eMusic service have not only artists, but album and track titles in all caps. Not much one can do about that except correct it. Tracks can be dealt with through general album properties, tracks tab and click on More (lower right corner), but artists and album titles have to be handled manually (unless there is a way I haven't discovered). It's not an OCD problem if it involves taking data from some other database. (I'll assume you haven't accidentally pressed the CapsLock key.)

Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
    While entering albums into my database, some artists names come out as all caps. This only happens on occassion, but cant figure out for the life of me why, or more importantly, how to to change it. Suggestions?

I've tried to manually re-enter artists names, but they still show up in all caps for some reason. No idea how to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
    I've tried to manually re-enter artists names, but they still show up in all caps for some reason. No idea how to fix this.
    Try this possible solution. Do not know if it works in your case.

1. Change the name of the Caps Artist to anything "xxx"
    2. Go to Library, Manage Artist and delete the Caps Artist.
    3. Rename "xxx" to your artist.