Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discogs Keyword search function no longer working properly

Cool Discogs Keyword search function no longer working properly

I sent this as an e-mail to Andrei, but I was wondering if anyone else is bummed by this...

Discogs did a major update of their website recently and changed their layout a lot. When they did that, I noticed that I lost the search by keywords function on the OrangeCD when adding from Discogs. Before the Discogs update, we could search by barcode or by release ID number, but now this gives us no results.

Any chance we could get an update to the software again so that we regain this functionality?

Best wishes from far-off Taiwan!

Quote Originally Posted by birdienumnums View Post
    I sent this as an e-mail to Andrei, but I was wondering if anyone else is bummed by this...

Discogs did a major update of their website recently and changed their layout a lot. When they did that, I noticed that I lost the search by keywords function on the OrangeCD when adding from Discogs. Before the Discogs update, we could search by barcode or by release ID number, but now this gives us no results.

Any chance we could get an update to the software again so that we regain this functionality?

Best wishes from far-off Taiwan!
    This issue will be fixed in the update that will be posted on the website in next 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.

This is a looong 72 hours, Andrei...

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    This is a looong 72 hours, Andrei...
    hit a few bumps. Stay tuned.

While official build is still baking, here's incremental update that will fix Discogs issue:

[url]http://orangecd.s3.amazonaws.com/orgcdfull_discogs.exe[/url]

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    This issue will be fixed in the update that will be posted on the website in next 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.
    That is completely BRILLIANT!! Thank you Andrei! And thank you for the interim fix!

Hi again Andrei,

Looks like I spoke too soon. It works to search using keywords again, but just a heads up, it still doesn't properly find the item by catalogue number.

Go to discogs and do a search for "spring 3" and you will find this item: [url]http://www.discogs.com/See-See-All-Too-Tired/release/2942031[/url]

Do the same search using the keywords function within orangeCD and you get a million items, but not that one. Very odd.
    If you do the search using quotes.. "spring 3" ...you get an artist called spring (3) but you don't get the release with that catalogue number.

Looks like there is still some issue with functionality. When trying to find information to enter in my database, I often used the bar code in order to get the exact release... now it's just impossible.

Good luck!!

Andrei:

I am having the same problem with inability to authorize Orange CD to use Discogs. I downloaded the .exe file that you posted above on 11.16 and my virus scan found a virus in the file. Can you provide a clean copy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Andrei:

I am having the same problem with inability to authorize Orange CD to use Discogs. I downloaded the .exe file that you posted above on 11.16 and my virus scan found a virus in the file. Can you provide a clean copy?

Thanks
    There is no virus in the package. It's a false positive. The installer software we use (Inno Setup) is known for producing false positives in some antivirus scanners. It's a problem with antivirus software, not with installer package.

I'm working on final build today and will update the website soon with another installer. Thanks for your patience

UPD New build is available on downloads page.

Downloaded the latest version and after attempting to authorize my Discogs account the same blank white screen appears as in the old release.

Any ideas on what the issue could be now

Thanks