Thread: Can't open OrangeCD/Non-responsive customer support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can't open OrangeCD/Non-responsive customer support

Two weeks ago, when I tried to open OrangeCD, a got the error message "Could not open database. Would you like to browse for the database file?" I tried browsing to the file, and then to a couple of backup database files. The program didn't recognize any of them, and wouldn't open.

I filled out the support request form on the website and got no response. After several days, I emailed Andrei. Several days after that, I got a reply, suggesting that I download and reinstall the program. I did so, and got the same result. I emailed back that it didn't work; I've gotten no response.

First, can anybody help me?

Second, is this the level of customer support that others have experienced?

I really like this program; or rather, I really liked it when it worked.

First a quick question.. how did you make the backup files? Is the extension on them .obk?
    Fred

A second quick question... What type of anti-Virus are you running on your machine? (... Norton by any chance!!!).

The backup files are the automatically-generated files Orange CD creates periodically. There are .obk files. I have Kaspersky anti-virus.

I give up.

I broke down and replaced my database file with a backup I had put on a thumb drive a while back. The program opened with this database, as I thought it would. It just means that I lost a bunch of work I had put into my catalog.

But I just don't know what to say about the support for this program. Based on my experience, it's not-existent. I tried every way suggested on the website, and got no helpful response.

Granit, I appreciate your responses, but the process of posting a problem on this forum, waiting a couple of days for the post to actually appear, and waiting for responses is ridiculous. This isn't customer support.

A month ago I would have enthusiastically recommended this program to anyone looking for a music cataloging program. There's no way I could recommend it to anyone else now. It's a great program, but with no real support or method to resolve problems, as far as I can tell. I guess I'll back up my work daily and hope for the best. But jeez, how disappointing.

Edited to say that I responded to your questions, Granit, but got the message that my post would be reviewed and posted if approved. It hasn't shown up yet.