Thread: Copy and Paste

Default Copy and Paste

Can one use this facility and if so in what format/view?
    I have number of entries with composer's name in wrong order. Wish to change with surname first -I can put them in a separate group by using query-text but how can I do a mass exchange of composer's name?

Do you read the responses to your questions? I provided a response to this very question by you some time ago:

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=8574[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    Can one use this facility and if so in what format/view?
    I have number of entries with composer's name in wrong order. Wish to change with surname first -I can put them in a separate group by using query-text but how can I do a mass exchange of composer's name?

Default Reading replies

Thanks for reply. Yes I do read the replies -in fact I have your replies printed out in front of me.The problem is that with 'scan CD rom' or 'bar code' to add new items they often come up with first name then Surname. I just wanted to put all these -say " Benjamin Britten" together, perhaps in a text query and do a "Britten,Benjamin" copy and paste from there. Brian
    Any thought on my other query about renumbering? Brian

But as the replies point out there is a much simpler way than cut & paste to swap first & last names.

Andrei has also at some point replied that you cannot start the numbering where you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
    Thanks for reply. Yes I do read the replies -in fact I have your replies printed out in front of me.The problem is that with 'scan CD rom' or 'bar code' to add new items they often come up with first name then Surname. I just wanted to put all these -say " Benjamin Britten" together, perhaps in a text query and do a "Britten,Benjamin" copy and paste from there. Brian
    Any thought on my other query about renumbering? Brian