Thread: Android app

Default Android app

It would be really nice to have an android app to wich I could export my orangeCD database so I can browse my collection on my phone when standing in a record store and don't remembering if I have a certain CD or not.

Thank you!
    /Joakim

Can you access Racksandtags? If the format not good for mobile browsing, you could probably create an HTML template that could would be for mobile use. Then host those pages on your website and use the web browser of your phone.

tulga

Lightbulb Racksandtags app not just desirable for OCD - it's essential!

Technology is moving alarmingly fast. Racksandtags was a really useful addition to OCD users when Andrei developed it a few years back. But with smartphones becoming so user-friendly and all-you-can-eat data so affordable, it's time for the next phase. Unless you have amazing eyes or an i-pad, Racksandtags is a bit of a pain to read when you're out and about. And let's face it, that's a big reason it was developed in the first place.

I know it's more work for the man, but I would gladly pay £2 or so for an app that packaged it up for iphone or android. Everything today is geared to making information really easy to access... except my favourite music database!!

From a marketing viewpoint, an app would undoubtedly make sense re 'monetising' OCD (links to paid-for downloads, events/ticketing etc), though I fully accept that might not be a consideration for Andrei. But from our point of view it would align OCD with the market (ie us users) technologically and make life so much easier and handier!

Not a lot has happened with OCD since February - I just wonder if something might be in the pipeline??

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    Tec

Not a lot has happened with OCD since February - I just wonder if something might be in the pipeline??
    I hope Andrei remembers to correct this error: [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?8576-collaboration-error[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    I would gladly pay £2 or so for an app that packaged it up for iphone
    Great idea I would pay too

Yeah me too and more money too, like 10 quid or so.
    Using DVD Profiler's Android app for my Ipad: very helpful...

I would love an android app, too..unfortunately, I live in a country where we have no access to paid apps on the google market. I would be willing to pay a few bucks, too... but I would have to be able to buy the .apk directly from Andrei in order to be able to install it. (and believe me...I have TRIED getting around this problem, LOL!)