Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OrangeCD has stopped working...help!

Your database is fine. I think you may have outdated or corrupted OrangeCD instead.

Either way, upgrading to most recent version should fix it. Run the installer program from [url]http://www.firetongue.com/orgcdfull.exe[/url] and click through the screens until it says it's finished.

Andrei

Nope, that didnt work. I'm getting the same error message that I got before. I did tell me that I have Norton Virus 2009 (I actually have Norton 360, but perhaps they're the same) and that there might be some compatibility issue with it, but the steps it tells me to go through dont lead me to the same places. Could Norton be causing the problem? The database has been very slow.

Would uninstalling it and then reinstalling it be the next possibility? I have the whole database backed up on an external hard drive.

If I do uninstall and then reinstall the OrangeCD, will I be able to add my backup files into the database? If so, that might be the way to go, given that everything else has failed.

Giving a bump here to see if anyone can answer my last question regarding uninstalling and reinstalling OrangeCD to try and get it to work. Will I be able to input my backuped files once I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
    Nope, that didnt work. I'm getting the same error message that I got before. I did tell me that I have Norton Virus 2009 (I actually have Norton 360, but perhaps they're the same) and that there might be some compatibility issue with it, but the steps it tells me to go through dont lead me to the same places. Could Norton be causing the problem? The database has been very slow.
    The reason the database is running slow is probably because of Norton. I used to have Norton running and encountered same problem. I now use Microsoft Security Essentials, which I have been using on a number of computers for two to three years. No problems so far.

What I suggest is that you uninstall Norton Antivirus, uninstall and reinstall OrangeCD. You should not have any problems restoring backups. Also uninstalling Orange CD would not remove the data files and the database should be available. If OrangeCD runs Ok then I suggest that you forget about Norton and install MSE.

I didnt uninstall Norton but I did go through the process of getting around the Norton issues associated with OrangeCD. However, after uninstalling and then reinstalling OrangeCD, it still wont open the database and I'm getting the same error message. I am bummed. I cant get into a database I spent weeks compiling! I dont know what else to do. I dont want to get rid of Norton and have my computer unprotected and then have to buy some other computer protection software.

Any suggestions about what, if anything I can do now to try and resolve this?

I didnt uninstall Norton but I did go through the process of getting around the Norton issues associated with OrangeCD. However, after uninstalling and then reinstalling OrangeCD, it still wont open the database and I'm getting the same error message. I am bummed. I cant get into a database I spent weeks compiling! I dont know what else to do. I dont want to get rid of Norton and have my computer unprotected and then have to buy some other computer protection software.

Any suggestions about what, if anything I can do now to try and resolve this?
    You seem to have a problem. Just to let you know that Microsoft Security Essentials is free and very good.

[url]http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials[/url]

[url]http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/utilities/anti-malware-software/microsoft-security-essentials-640587/review[/url]

Well, I've tried everything to try and get OrangeCD to work and nothing is happening. I guess I have no choice but see if removing Norton 360 and then uninstalling and reinstalling OrangeCD will be the answer. I just cannot imagine why the program would have worked for almost a year, and then suddenly stop working! I am a little concerned about removing my security program though, even if I am going to install MSE later. Should I take my computer offline after I download OrangeCD just to make sure if works without Norton and then go back online and install MSE? Does it matter? I just dont know if the second I have no virus protection, I'll get attacked?

Well, I've tried everything to try and get OrangeCD to work and nothing is happening. I guess I have no choice but see if removing Norton 360 and then uninstalling and reinstalling OrangeCD will be the answer. I just cannot imagine why the program would have worked for almost a year, and then suddenly stop working! I am a little concerned about removing my security program though, even if I am going to install MSE later. Should I take my computer offline after I download OrangeCD just to make sure if works without Norton and then go back online and install MSE? Does it matter? I just dont know if the second I have no virus protection, I'll get attacked?
    There's no guarantee that OrangeCD will work after removing Norton 360. But it's worth a try.
    I suggest that you go offline when unprotected.

I also suggest if you havent't done it already to clean the registry. I use CCleaner. It does a good job for me.

[url]http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner[/url]

Good luck.

Joe