Thread: OrangeCD has stopped working...help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default OrangeCD has stopped working...help!

Since yesterday, I have not been able to get into my database. Windows gives me a message saying OrangeCD has stopped working and a solution will be sent to me if one is found. Any ideas whats going on? I have 800 CD's in the database. I have it backed up, but that isnt opening either. Please help!!

Edit: I should also add that I've tried emailing OrangeCD at the firetongue email adress listed on the webpage and my emails get sent back as not deliverable!
    Last edited by pmckeealaska; 05-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
    Since yesterday, I have not been able to get into my database. Windows gives me a message saying OrangeCD has stopped working and a solution will be sent to me if one is found. Any ideas whats going on? I have 800 CD's in the database. I have it backed up, but that isnt opening either. Please help!!

Edit: I should also add that I've tried emailing OrangeCD at the firetongue email adress listed on the webpage and my emails get sent back as not deliverable!
    Hi,

Are you running the latest version? Have you tried reinstalling OrangeCD? You may have a corrupted file!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    Hi,

Are you running the latest version? Have you tried reinstalling OrangeCD? You may have a corrupted file!!
    I haven't tried reinstalling it. How would I go about doing that? Would it erase all of my files in the database if I did that?

I haven't tried reinstalling it. How would I go about doing that? Would it erase all of my files in the database if I did that?
    Just download and run/install the latest version. No data files are erased. However you should back up your data files regurarly.
    Last edited by Joebugs; 05-19-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Since yesterday, I have not been able to get into my database. Windows gives me a message saying OrangeCD has stopped working and a solution will be sent to me if one is found. Any ideas whats going on?
    What is exact error message that you see? Feel free to post a screenshot, or send to support at [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] . You can make screenshot by pressing PrintScreen on keyboard while message is displayed, then paste the image into email.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    What is exact error message that you see? Feel free to post a screenshot, or send to support at [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] . You can make screenshot by pressing PrintScreen on keyboard while message is displayed, then paste the image into email.

Andrei
    I'll try the screenshot. Also, when I tried sending an email to the [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] email address, it got bounced back to me as not deliverable. I'll try again.

The print screen is not working. At any rate, the exact message I'm getting is the following:

"Orange CD has stopped working"

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

So...thats as far as I get when I try to open the program.

The print screen is not working. At any rate, the exact message I'm getting is the following:

"Orange CD has stopped working"

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

So...thats as far as I get when I try to open the program.
    Sounds like your database is corrupted. Can you find your database file (it has .dab extension, or "OrangeCD Database File") and send it to [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email]? I will run some tools and attempt to fix it first.

Andrei

I'm not really sure if I know how to find the correct file and send it to you. I did get a message saying that the technical information about the problem will be sent to the developer. I pressed "ok" and it said it sent the information to the developer. Not sure if you'll be getting this or not Andrei?

Also, when I did try and send something to the [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] email address, it got bumped back to me as undeliverable.

EDIT: OK...I think I've found my database file and I'm attaching it to an email now. I'll let you know if I can actually send something to the orangecd email address this time!
    Last edited by pmckeealaska; 05-20-2012 at 01:14 AM.