Thread: Bar Code Scanner with Orange

Default Bar Code Scanner with Orange

Hello, I have purchased a Laser BarCode Scanner, the NUSCAN 3200 from Adesso. It is a handheld USB scanner that is compatible with my Windows 7 system. It is plug and play. (Firetongue tells me that I CAN use a bar code scanner with the software). Has anyone has any success scanning the CD's? I need a configuartion set up of sorts to get it going. Adesso help desk says to contact Firetongue. I did, but while I'm waiting on his answer, any input is welcomed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jkjj1 View Post
    Hello, I have purchased a Laser BarCode Scanner, the NUSCAN 3200 from Adesso. It is a handheld USB scanner that is compatible with my Windows 7 system. It is plug and play. (Firetongue tells me that I CAN use a bar code scanner with the software). Has anyone has any success scanning the CD's? I need a configuartion set up of sorts to get it going. Adesso help desk says to contact Firetongue. I did, but while I'm waiting on his answer, any input is welcomed. Thanks.
    You need to install this scanner using K/B connection (type "b" in the user's manual, page 4):

[url]http://www.adesso.com/productmanuals/UserGuide_NuScan3200.pdf[/url]

Then, start OrangeCD Catalog, click menu Album -> Scan UPC Barcode and you should be ready to go. Once you get a hand in it, check "Add Automatically" option for faster input.