Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    Hi folks. In the menu View/Preferences/Media, have you added m3u as a recognized media file type? I have. Maybe that's the problem...
    Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I added m3u as a recognised media file and scanned the folder. OrangeCD created an artist named OrangeCD and an album called Playlists?????

Is there any way to evade this. I would like the play list to be displayed as part of the box set!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I added m3u as a recognised media file and scanned the folder. OrangeCD created an artist named OrangeCD and an album called Playlists?????

Is there any way to evade this. I would like the play list to be displayed as part of the box set!!!
    In that case, why not copy your m3u file into the folder on your hard drive where the box set is, then re-scan. It should show as an extra track...

Hi folks. In the menu View/Preferences/Media, have you added m3u as a recognized media file type? I have. Maybe that's the problem...
    That does it. Thanks

In that case, why not copy your m3u file into the folder on your hard drive where the box set is, then re-scan. It should show as an extra track...
    Ok thanks, but how do you do that?? My playlist is from CD tracks not media files !!!!
    Last edited by Joebugs; 04-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Now you've got me!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    Ok thanks, but how do you do that?? My playlist is from CD tracks not media files !!!!
    That shouldn't make a difference because what you want to bring into OCD is the file myplaylist.m3u and OCD doesn't care what the content of this file is. (Assuming you have added m3u to the list of media types.) OCD will add it even if it isn't a real playlist, as long as the extension is m3u (or pls if you added that, too). Here is a real playlist that I created with Playlist Creator (it doesn't seem to get any info from a cd other than track number). D is my cd drive and cda is the file extension of cd tracks.

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0, - -
    D:\Track04.cda
    #EXTINF:408,Considerations 1- 1972-1976 - 5 - Solo
    ..\..\Jazz CDs\Bill Dixon\Dixon_Solo.mp3
    D:\Track09.cda
    #EXTINF:276,Providencia - 3 - Historia de un Amor
    ..\..\Jazz CDs\Danilo Perez\Providencia\Providencia_Danilo Perez_03_Historia de un Amor.mp3

which I not only was able to scan into OCD, but now have playing using Windows Media through OCD.

However you may find that your media player does not really like playlists with *.cda files. I found that iTunes and JetAudio will simply strip out all the *.cda entries. Windows Media seems to work fine with playlists that include *.cda entries, even when called by a Play from OCD (though you have to do it twice in OCD for some reason - the first time it just plays some random track from the media library).

Added: Having finally checked it out, I should add that MediaMonkey also handles playlists with cda files just fine.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 04-08-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    That shouldn't make a difference because what you want to bring into OCD is the file myplaylist.m3u and OCD doesn't care what the content of this file is. (Assuming you have added m3u to the list of media types.) OCD will add it even if it isn't a real playlist, as long as the extension is m3u (or pls if you added that, too). Here is a real playlist that I created with Playlist Creator (it doesn't seem to get any info from a cd other than track number). D is my cd drive and cda is the file extension of cd tracks.

#EXTM3U
    D:\Track04.cda
    #EXTINF:408,Considerations 1- 1972-1976 - 5 - Solo
    ..\..\Jazz CDs\Bill Dixon\Dixon_Solo.mp3
    D:\Track09.cda
    #EXTINF:276,Providencia - 3 - Historia de un Amor
    ..\..\Jazz CDs\Danilo Perez\Providencia\Providencia_Danilo Perez_03_Historia de un Amor.mp3

which I not only was able to scan into OCD, but now have playing using Windows Media through OCD.

However you may find that your media player does not really like playlists with *.cda files. I found that iTunes and JetAudio will simply strip out all the *.cda entries. Windows Media seems to work fine with playlists that include *.cda entries, even when called by a Play from OCD (though you have to do it twice in OCD for some reason - the first time it just plays some random track from the media library).

Added: Having finally checked it out, I should add that MediaMonkey also handles playlists with cda files just fine.
    Thanks, it works fine. But I still can't get rid of the OrangeCD playlist folder with the artists. What I would have liked is having the playlist as a field in the album properties page!!

Sorry joebugs - I misunderstood your message. But the info about which players will accept cda files in playlists is useful anyway, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Sorry joebugs - I misunderstood your message. But the info about which players will accept cda files in playlists is useful anyway, I think.
    No problem. Your info was very useful and can be helpful for other users too.

Thanks